Eurodisney

Chrisja1000

I'm thinking of taking the family in April for 3 days. Has anyone been and would they recommend it?
It's not the cheapest few days as it's coming in at £1100 with flights from Manchester.

Can anyone recommend any hotels etc to keep costs down as trying to talk them out of going is pointless!

Thanks in advance.

All I can say is good luck, we went during term time ( my son wasn't 5 yet) and we still had to queue for 30 mins for rides that lasted a couple of minutes, you are funnelled through the gift shop on exit, and the food is expensive crap.
That's not to say we didn't have some fun! but the whole venture is designed to extract as much money from parents, under supposed "Magic of Disney"
On a plus side, armed soldiers with machine guns patrolling, added an element of surreality to the day, and I managed to get enough decent photos to make it tolerable. Thankfully we were in Paris for a wedding, the Disneyland trip was an added extra.

Went a few years ago and if hardly cost anything.

Tickets to the park were free via Sky.

Hotel was just a few stops along the metro at Bussy St Georges and very cheap.

Got to London by a train from Piccadilly booked well in advance which cost £7 each way. Then the Megabus to Paris from London was £5 each way.

Obviously if you have a young child that might not be suitable and some of the prices, especially the train, will have gone up loads now but it can be done cheaply. We went early September and didn't have to queue for much as far as I remember.

I was very sceptical but really enjoyed it.

Should add we only had one day in Disney.

I've been twice, first time dragged reluctantly as I'd have much preferred to spend the dosh on a beach holiday. But went for the kids and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought

First time we stopped at a Euro camp in Berny Rivière north east of Paris and drove to Euro Disney. Bit too far to drive but the camp was great

Second time we split our time between the camp and a motel at Bussy St George, so only went to Disney when we were at the motel which was 10 minute drive from Disney but also on a mainline railway so just a 30 minute ride from Paris

Eurodisney is great but pretty (but not extortinately) expensive and some of the rides get very busy at peak times. There's the 2 parks so you need to spend a full day in each one. Plenty of side shows going on and then there's parade and the light / firework show at the end of the day

Kids loved it and glad we went

I've been twice, first time dragged reluctantly as I'd have much preferred to spend the dosh on a beach holiday. But went for the kids and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought

First time we stopped at a Euro camp in Berny Rivière north east of Paris and drove to Euro Disney. Bit too far to drive but the camp was great

Second time we split our time between the camp and a motel at Bussy St George, so only went to Disney when we were at the motel which was 10 minute drive from Disney but also on a mainline railway so just a 30 minute ride from Paris

Eurodisney is great but pretty (but not extortinately) expensive and some of the rides get very busy at peak times. There's the 2 parks so you need to spend a full day in each one. Plenty of side shows going on and then there's parade and the light / firework show at the end of the day

Kids loved it and glad we went

Oh yeah forgot to add, first time we went we figured out it only cost slightly more to buy annual passes than pay for daily tickets, based on the number of times we were planning to visit during our first stay

Second time we went was before the year was over so the annual passes were still valid so effectively it didn't cost us anything to get into the parks

Also I'd recommend driving to France and using the Eurotunnel. We stopped in a premier inn in Ashford then got an early train. About 2 to 3 hours from Calais to Eurodisney but the roads are great for driving on

Went on a really cheap deal in its early days, in freezing cold early December and it was enjoyable so I'm sure with all the additions it is worth visiting. Not sure if we will ever take our kids there, although I'd like to, but they have been to Disneyworld twice and Disneyland once.

Thank you for the replies,

Just looked at easyJet, it's £185 for the 4 of us in April. Trying to get a hotel booked now for 3 nights as most include the park passes.

We're booked in for April mate. It's come in at just over £600 for everything. Go on the Monday through to Wednesday in the school holidays. That's flying from MAN also and includes two adults and two kids. If you want me to find out where my missus booked it later I will and inbox you the details. Bloody bargain hunter the other half haha.

Went several years ago on the motor bike, had a weekend camping at Le Mans for the Moto GP then on Monday rode up to Disney, had four days in Disney, the weather was fantastic, the temp was about 76 all the time we were there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.