European away games ticketing policy

You are correct on one point that I did not go on Wednesday due to my points not being sufficient to buy.
However, This new system has allowed me to purchase tickets on my own criteria for games in Paris & Madrid.
If it means a 20 minute wait in the Pull man hotel or a shopping centre then that's fine by me.

Now can you now see why I'm all for it ?? It bring people like me on 12000 points into the frame for these games.

I could join a supporters club and try and jump the que that way but I'm very much against that way of getting tickets for matches.

So cut out your petty responses about telling me about being selfish as it makes you look stupid.

I think that is exactly why he has called you selfish. The reasons you have listed for it being a good idea consider no one else but the ways in which it benefits you.

It may benefit you but the reality is blokes approaching 70 are having to queue for two hours in poor weather and the whole fanbase are being inconvenienced, and facing additional expense. You may consider it a good idea because of the benefitys to you but others its a draconian rule and shows contempt for the supporters.

Last edited:
Anyone who puts up with this nonsense is a mug. I will never go to a European game while this patronising system is in place. I would not accept being treated like this in any other aspect of my life so will not accept it to watch a football match.

Same for me, I think euro aways are a thing of the past now. From what I understand of the German games, such as Moengengladbach, the match tickets include travel on public transport. Are the club going to expect fans to lose this privilege and cost saving by denying them the ticket until the day of the game and distributing them in the town centre?

I hope a regular euro blue could confirm if this is the case and I have understood it correctly?

You are correct on one point that I did not go on Wednesday due to my points not being sufficient to buy.
However, This new system has allowed me to purchase tickets on my own criteria for games in Paris & Madrid.
If it means a 20 minute wait in the Pull man hotel or a shopping centre then that's fine by me.

Now can you now see why I'm all for it ?? It bring people like me on 12000 points into the frame for these games.

I could join a supporters club and try and jump the que that way but I'm very much against that way of getting tickets for matches.

So cut out your petty responses about telling me about being selfish as it makes you look stupid.

Getting tickets aside, which this new procedure isn't about, as the club have confrimed to the MEN it's about *safety*. How it makes CL away trips safer is debatable. And let's be honest, bar Madrid/the Police, Ajax and Seville/their fans, City fans in Europe don't go looking for trouble, and have a fantastic record of enjoying and behaving themselves in Europe. Glasgow being the latest example. Safety????

The real issue here is *forcing*, as we have no choice, fans, customers, call us what you want, to trapes across European cities, to find a venue, to queue up, to go through security checks, just to pick up a match ticket which has already been bought in advance. When in reality we should be enjoying ourselves in the said cities, sight seeing, eating, drinking, and relaxing.

Put it this way. Do you think those City officials, and I don't mean the poor sods who got the backlash in Glasgow, have to go through a similar procedure to get a match ticket? Not a chance! They can relax in their Hotel, and turn up at tbe stadium with their UEFA pass hung around their necks.

One more point. I'm trying hard to think of a situation wbere a person attending any leisure(concert, etc) or sporting event in another city in Europe has to go through a similar procedure that we as paying customers(football fans) have to go through to watch the said event.

Perhaps I've missed it? But it wouldn't take the club 2 minutes to explain in depth why this procedure was brought in, and admit there are still issues with it, that are now being looked at after tbe Glasgow shambles, via the OS.

I won't hold my breath.

[
I think that is exactly why he has called you selfish. The reasons you have listed for it being a good idea consider no one else but the ways in which it benefits you.

For your benefit blokes approaching 70 having to queue for two hours in poor weather or the whole fanbase being inconvenienced, and facing additional expense might be a small price to pay. For others its a draconian rule and shows contempt for the supporters.
No, it benefits everyone who are on the same level of points that i'm on that in the past would not get a look in for these games.
3 lads i go with on the same points as me are now having a chance to buy a ticket for these games.
What is wrong with that ?

[

No, it benefits everyone who are on the same level of points that i'm on that in the past would not get a look in for these games.
3 lads i go with on the same points as me are now having a chance to buy a ticket for these games.

So I take it you want the same procedure brought in for PL and domestic cup away matches then? That will give you and other City fans a better chance of getting an away ticket.

That will benefit eveyone, bar the hassle of picking up the ticket on the day of the match in London, etc.

[

Because its a fucking ballache, a piss take, and a waste of my time that I am taking off from work. PS I walked straight into the fruit market still took 10 mins to get a ticket even though there was no queue and when I came out they were queueing around the block. People arriving 30 mins after me had to queue to qur for an hour and a half. Oh and btw we probably spent another hour negiotating lunch time traffic in Glasgow city centre when we didnt even want to go into the centre

[

Oh I see your concern is for everyone on the same points as you not just you and your chums.

So how many people does that impact on? 100 - 200 who may now have more chance of getting a ticket.

In comparison to everyone who has to queue, faces additional costs, loses time to enjoy there holiday. Also what about the other blues who have had any chance of getting a ticket removed?

Lets take your madrid example, when your mates made the cut on 12k loyalty points. What about those on 11k, 10k, 9k, 8k, 7k Loyalty points who fancied going, booking a trip but knew they had no chance through official means but deemed it worth the risk if people dropped out etc.

I have done it booked to Midjttland, Hamburg, Schalke knowing I could not get one of the club but ended up being helped out by fellow blues. Is that it for them now, they have no prospect of ever getting a ticket for a european away??

Also what about the guy who goes with his mate but his mates often get affected by his job? Previously he could have booked and passed the ticket on to a friend? What now he is forced to take the gamble and possibly face travelling alone because of the draconian ticket rules?

Also what happens to tickets which are returned at the last minute because fans are no longer able to go? Prior to this lads on lower points who had booked, and took the gamble, would have gobbled these tickets up and picked the up when abroad? What happens to them now, they remain empty and less blues get chance to enjoy the game.

So it might positively impact on a 100-200 or so but negatively effects everyone else, hence your belief in it being a good system is in the minority.

Of course this is even before discussing the discriminatory way football fans are treated.

Getting tickets aside, which this new procedure isn't about, as the club have confrimed to the MEN it's about *safety*. How it makes CL away trips safer is debatable. And let's be honest, bar Madrid/the Police, Ajax and Seville/their fans, City fans in Europe don't go looking for trouble, and have a fantastic record of enjoying and behaving themselves in Europe. Glasgow being the latest example. Safety????

The real issue here is *forcing*, as we have no choice, fans, customers, call us what you want, to trapes across European cities, to find a venue, to queue up, to go through security checks, just to pick up a match ticket which has already been bought in advance. When in reality we should be enjoying ourselves in the said cities, sight seeing, eating, drinking, and relaxing.

Put it this way. Do you think those City officials, and I don't mean the poor sods who got the backlash in Glasgow, have to go through a similar procedure to get a match ticket? Not a chance! They can relax in their Hotel, and turn up at tbe stadium with their UEFA pass hung around their necks.

One more point. I'm trying hard to think of a situation wbere a person attending any leisure(concert, etc) or sporting event in another city in Europe has to go through a similar procedure that we as paying customers(football fans) have to go through to watch the said event.

Perhaps I've missed it? But it wouldn't take the club 2 minutes to explain in depth why this procedure was brought in, and admit there are still issues with it, that are now being looked at after tbe Glasgow shambles, via the OS.

I won't hold my breath.
Not exactly the same procedure but just reading on the kraftwerk thread you are now having to take proof of I'd to get into concerts now.
The rags are now asking 250 fans at each domestic away to prove the ticket match's the buyer by collecting at the away venue.

Whose safety exactly? It's early September and we're playing away in Spain or Italy. It's warm, no need for a jacket so you're wandering around with a sky blue wristband attached to you. May as well have a fucking flashing light attached to your head with CITY FAN written on it.
The club lie to us and treat us like idiots. Like others have said, I won't accept these new measures so it's no more Euro aways for me either.

Not exactly the same procedure but just reading on the kraftwerk thread you are now having to take proof of I'd to get into concerts now.
The rags are now asking 250 fans at each domestic away to prove the ticket match's the buyer by collecting at the away venue.

So that proves it's nothing to do with points whoring. Why can't the club just be honest and tell us the real reason behind it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.