European away games ticketing policy

I agree there should be more chance of someone with 15,000 points getting away tickets than someone with far less points but no one has a God-given right to attend a game.

Personally I'd introduce a system based on the one the rags have but where anyone with, say, 13,000 or more points goes into one pot, corporates go into another and everyone else goes into a general pot. Then the number of tickets allocated to each pot will give the more loyal fans a significantly better chance of tickets.

I think if someone has 18000+ points they should pretty much be going to any away game they want without worrying they will miss out in a ballot to someone with 13000 points.

Our points system has two significant differences to United's; it's been running longer and for a large portion of that time we were shit which means that the tickets largely go to the people who deserve them.

No point getting wound up and debating a ballot system that hasn't even been suggested by the club yet !

It isn't the points system but the picking up of the tickets which has been the issue !

I dont think a percentage of tickets going into a ballot would be a bad thing and loyalty points being weighted heavier based on recent attendance at away games.

In a lot of instances it would not be JCLs but kids coming through who have not had the opportunity to watch City away from the year dot. Might stop the away following resembling a night out at the bingo club also.

I agree there should be more chance of someone with 15,000 points getting away tickets than someone with far less points but no one has a God-given right to attend a game.

Personally I'd introduce a system based on the one the rags have but where anyone with, say, 13,000 or more points goes into one pot, corporates go into another and everyone else goes into a general pot. Then the number of tickets allocated to each pot will give the more loyal fans a significantly better chance of tickets.

No one has a 'god-given' right no, but I accept that if someone has more ticket points than I do, they have more of a right to a ticket than me. They have earned that right over time.

I accept its flawed as young people will never catch up, so as I have previously suggested - I think a fairer system would be to introduce a cycle whereby the people who have attended every European game in the last 3, 4, or 5 years get first priority, and if you've not been to one in that time you get last priority.

The fairest system I’ve seen suggested is the one like the UEFA coefficient, where points are worked out over a 5 year rolling system.

Maybe City could introduce something similar and give extra points for supporters who attended historically significant matches?

I still say there is no problem with the European ticket system. The same system has worked perfectly for years with England. The problem lies with the clubs organisation of it. Even the FA, who are generally a shambles, implement it easily.
Still, we are back to where we were, but a good way forward would be random pick ups for, say, 200 people just to make people think before they sell their ticket on.

I have 1600 point (Also On UEFA cup scheme) have booked flight and hotel.

Probably end up in away end after change to rules.

Two things.

Even though I've got plenty of loyalty points, I've always thought that a small percentage of away tickets should be kept aside for a ballot, so that every City fan get's at least one chance to attend an away game. Many City fans old and new will never get that chance.

Also. I've seen quite a few kids at away matches this season, and there is no way they would have enough loyalty points to get a ticket.

Whatever happens, the club won't be able to please everyone when the new rules are brought in for next season. Regardless of what the club comes up with, there will still be winners and losers, and happy and unhappy people.

The fairest system I’ve seen suggested is the one like the UEFA coefficient, where points are worked out over a 5 year rolling system.

Maybe City could introduce something similar and give extra points for supporters who attended historically significant matches?

Spot on, loads extra points for York away.

It could quite possibly spanner a lot of people who have already booked flights/hotels.
Yes I've already posted this . I booked on the hope I'd get tickets under the new scheme not that I think it's perfect but now there is a chance people on a lot less points will get tickets instead me .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.