European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Make no mistake, the american owners set couldnt give a damn about the fans, this is about making money and protecting their ability to do so, same as its always been.
Of course they give a damn about the fans and their opinion, its what stopped the esl happening last time. This time though their fans are fed up with losing to City and Newcastle in future. They want this as much as their fans do. Now.

The money from a new ESL would be staggering. The clubs would own all the broadcast revenues instead of paying third parties like SKY. The whole UEFA political empire would not exist. The key thing will be how the cash is shared out between the clubs and how many games would be free to air and how many pay-per-view etc.
giphy.gif

Of course Barcelona and Laporte have they are in deep shit financially with levers galore!
Just a thought - if the infamous Barca Levers involved projected income from current La Liga (okay just Barca & RM) TV deals how the hell will that work?
So Barca say to their creditors - we no longer have that deal so go and swivel for your money?
Obviously not up on Spanish Insolvency laws but, over here they could just wind up the current set up, re-brand overnight and hey presto join the ESL debt free. Just imagine if there was an English team with debts close to a billion ....................................

Just to play devil’s advocate, but if this did go ahead, wouldn‘t fixtures like City v Milan or City v Bayern be better than watching us play the likes of Luton and Fulham?

Isn't that what's the champions league is for?

I assume this isn't replacing the champions league.

It just dilutes European football even more in my opinion. Winning the champions league is a prestigious thing and I think adding some super league for pretty much the same clubs makes it all less meaningful

Inevitable now. I give it ten years max and the prem in it's current format will be dead.

the premier league is already a super league. thats why this exists in the first place, this is 100x more atractive to continental clubs than premier league clubs. I would venture to say english clubs dont really need it but at the end of the day, they will try to go where more money is

Isn't that what's the champions league is for?

I assume this isn't replacing the champions league.

It just dilutes European football even more in my opinion. Winning the champions league is a prestigious thing and I think adding some super league for pretty much the same clubs makes it all less meaningful

I'm waiting for the super super premier league starting before I get carried away and get a tattoo done.

Obviously not up on Spanish Insolvency laws but, over here they could just wind up the current set up, re-brand overnight
That's essentially how City and the rags were formed in their present form. Ardwick and Newton Heath went bust and the two new clubs were formed debt-free and took over the Football League share of their predecessors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.