European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

I think they would care because image is important. I think the players would care as well. The ground would be half empty and there would be no atmosphere. We’ve still got what 40,000 season tickets holders - if 90% decide to stop going that would have a massive effect.

Fans have a lot more power than people think. Mass protests and loads of empty seats would embarrass the club
It'll be the same for all the greedy bastard clubs that join this shit and follow the money.
90% of people in the ground will be tourists.
Football for me is on its last legs .
It will shortly get what it deserves

I think they would care because image is important. I think the players would care as well. The ground would be half empty and there would be no atmosphere. We’ve still got what 40,000 season tickets holders - if 90% decide to stop going that would have a massive effect.

Fans have a lot more power than people think. Mass protests and loads of empty seats would embarrass the club
Money talks , all the players who have gone to Saudi and are playing to less crowds than Altrincham get couldn’t care less

It'll be the same for all the greedy bastard clubs that join this shit and follow the money.
90% of people in the ground will be tourists.
Football for me is on its last legs .
It will shortly get what it deserves

I get what you’re saying mate, but we aren’t United or Liverpool. I don’t think we would consistently fill the ground with tourists, especially when pep leaves

That bus left in 1992 mate.

This change has been in motion for the last 30 years. More and more football club ownerships have fallen into hands of parties who have little or no interest in the game itself.

The traditional view of football has changed beyond all recognition. It's not been 'the people's game' for a long time.
Sounds a bit defeatist? The last thing they want is protests and it fell apart before.

You must always stand up for what you believe in.

And why the fuck wouldn't we be when we are constantly under attack from the PL and UEFA to the point where they are challenging our very existence.
And the irony is that the jealousy arises from the US-owned clubs seeing us as having an unfair financial advantage.

If we are in an ESL where the rules are agreed between all participants then that state of affairs should end, and we become an asset rather than an enemy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.