Evans vs Toronto

He's made the Belgium squad about 6 times, he's made one appearance. Wikipedia educations are never good things.

Apparently now making an international squad the quality of Belgium at 19, as well as winning the league in Scotland, having stand out performances in European competition against Inter Milan in the San Siro grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck when down to 10 men and winning Scottish Young Player of Year is also dismissed. Because he must not be good enough otherwise Manuel would pick him instead of him having to go out on loan.

Now as one of the hottest young defensive prospects in the entirety of Europe, I imagine he looks at people like Karim Rekik who is another one making great strides and being constantly ignored by our management and then looks at our excellent youth record of bringing through talent and thinks "yeah, fuck that". As I have been saying now over and over and over and over again to people with absolutely no clue what's going on, these lads didn't grow up with pictures of Mark Kennedy on their wall, City went out and bought the finest young players in the world. Marcos Lopes chose us over Barcelona, Rekik us over United, Denayer us over pretty much every major club in world football (with many others in the EDS). They aren't City fans, they have no loyalty to us and instead came here because we promised that we are a club with big plans for bringing through talent more so than the clubs they chose us over.

In reality it was the worst decision they made. Rekik would have had 50 first team games under his belt if he had joined United. Denayer would be one of the first names on the team sheet for Arsenal. Lopes would start for pretty much anyone in the league outside of Chelsea and us.

He's making demands because as I've been saying for years, we're going to build a reputation amongst the young players that we aren't going to play them and will instead go out and spunk £30m on a new signing so everybody can powerwank and feel good about themselves. Every other City youth player will also make demands because they feel the need to to get any sort of football here. They didn't come to City to play for another team in another country, they came to City to play for City.

And of course it will be the same bullshit and stupid logic you're all using. Well they were never good enough because they didn't play. So didn't develop into the players they could have been due to lack of top level football. So have to try and develop later at another level which furthers proof for you morons that they were never good enough in the first place. The truth is that if Jason Denayer wasn't already a City player the transfer forum would be sat there dreaming we'd go in and get him for a big fee.

You people are fiddling while Rome burns and even worse than that, are absolutely convinced that there's no problem at all because "well, they'll play when they're ready won't they? Won't they?"

No they won't play for a manager who plays full first teams at 6-0 and brings on Scott Sinclair when we're 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go instead of the lad sat next to him desperate for his debut. They aren't idiots you know, they do notice these things as well.

So do the other youth players we're going in for at 15 and selling them on the club. They will also look at people like Rekik and Suarez and Denayer and Lopes and think "is this rEALLY a club who believes in youth development or are they just talking the talk?"

So basically "If you don't agree with me, you're an idiot/moron"? Why are you allowed to get away with what is just insulting anybody that disagrees with you? I didn't insult you for having a different opinion so why would you choose to insult me and whoever else disagrees with you? If i had called you a moron unprovoked, i'm sure i'd be warned/banned. It's the type of double standards I'd expect from a rag or scouser.

You seem incapable of acknowledging that somebody with a differing opinion may have a valid point. Instead, you take the 5 year old mentality of choosing to just stick your fingers in your ears, shout louder and insult people. So for that reason, i'm not going to bother replying to your points and having a reasonable discussion.

So basically "If you don't agree with me, you're an idiot/moron"? Why are you allowed to get away with what is just insulting anybody that disagrees with you? I didn't insult you for having a different opinion so why would you choose to insult me and whoever else disagrees with you?

You should check his twitter replies to journos. :D

Although it's hard to disagree with the first three paragraphs he writes, and in fact the only view I don't share is that Lopes would get into any starting eleven except Chelsea and us, or that Denayer would be nailed on at Arsenal etc. But the thing is, they would have had much more of a chance to make it, I think this stands without a question, with the exception of Chelsea, of course. And we really need to change our youth policy, Denayer is probably the prime example as surely even Europe's better sides recognized and followed him closely after the season he had.

(I'm unsure about Lopes and wouldn't be that upset if he'd gone on loan again next year with a contract renewal, of course.)

So basically "If you don't agree with me, you're an idiot/moron"? Why are you allowed to get away with what is just insulting anybody that disagrees with you? I didn't insult you for having a different opinion so why would you choose to insult me and whoever else disagrees with you? If i had called you a moron unprovoked, i'm sure i'd be warned/banned. It's the type of double standards I'd expect from a rag or scouser.

Stop being a such a girl, we as moderators get insulted 20 times a day worse than "moron". You've basically just implied that we/I have no integrity and show double standards which in my book is much worse than been called a moron.

Yet you're complaining about insulting people whilst insulting people. there's your double standards for you, that you were unable to see. Moron.

You seem incapable of acknowledging that somebody with a differing opinion may have a valid point. Instead, you take the 5 year old mentality of choosing to just stick your fingers in your ears, shout louder and insult people. So for that reason, i'm not going to bother replying to your points and having a reasonable discussion.

It's because you don't have a valid point. I know you don't see or understand that you don't have a valid point, but this doesn't change the fact that you don't have a valid point.

We aren't having a reasonable discussion. I'm pointing out long term issues that have built over the past three years roundly agreed by anybody who actually watches these players on a regular basis and you're making no point at all apart from "it'll be alright really". You haven't made any point for me to discuss.

He's made the Belgium squad about 6 times, he's made one appearance. Wikipedia educations are never good things.

Apparently now making an international squad the quality of Belgium at 19, as well as winning the league in Scotland, having stand out performances in European competition against Inter Milan in the San Siro grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck when down to 10 men and winning Scottish Young Player of Year is also dismissed. Because he must not be good enough otherwise Manuel would pick him instead of him having to go out on loan.

Now as one of the hottest young defensive prospects in the entirety of Europe, I imagine he looks at people like Karim Rekik who is another one making great strides and being constantly ignored by our management and then looks at our excellent youth record of bringing through talent and thinks "yeah, fuck that". As I have been saying now over and over and over and over again to people with absolutely no clue what's going on, these lads didn't grow up with pictures of Mark Kennedy on their wall, City went out and bought the finest young players in the world. Marcos Lopes chose us over Barcelona, Rekik us over United, Denayer us over pretty much every major club in world football (with many others in the EDS). They aren't City fans, they have no loyalty to us and instead came here because we promised that we are a club with big plans for bringing through talent more so than the clubs they chose us over.

In reality it was the worst decision they made. Rekik would have had 50 first team games under his belt if he had joined United. Denayer would be one of the first names on the team sheet for Arsenal. Lopes would start for pretty much anyone in the league outside of Chelsea and us.

He's making demands because as I've been saying for years, we're going to build a reputation amongst the young players that we aren't going to play them and will instead go out and spunk £30m on a new signing so everybody can powerwank and feel good about themselves. Every other City youth player will also make demands because they feel the need to to get any sort of football here. They didn't come to City to play for another team in another country, they came to City to play for City.

And of course it will be the same bullshit and stupid logic you're all using. Well they were never good enough because they didn't play. So didn't develop into the players they could have been due to lack of top level football. So have to try and develop later at another level which furthers proof for you morons that they were never good enough in the first place. The truth is that if Jason Denayer wasn't already a City player the transfer forum would be sat there dreaming we'd go in and get him for a big fee.

You people are fiddling while Rome burns and even worse than that, are absolutely convinced that there's no problem at all because "well, they'll play when they're ready won't they? Won't they?"

No they won't play for a manager who plays full first teams at 6-0 and brings on Scott Sinclair when we're 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go instead of the lad sat next to him desperate for his debut. They aren't idiots you know, they do notice these things as well.

So do the other youth players we're going in for at 15 and selling them on the club. They will also look at people like Rekik and Suarez and Denayer and Lopes and think "is this rEALLY a club who believes in youth development or are they just talking the talk?"

Jason Denayer was sent on a season-long loan to Celtic to develop. And he's developed. I watched him several times and I was very impressed with what I saw.

The fact that it was a season-long loan means he hasn't had the opportunity to play for City since it ended, as the Scottish season coincides with ours.

Marc Wilmots said the other day that Jason has what it takes to become world-class, or words to that effect and I'm sure this will have been noted by those at the top at City.

What is also not in doubt is that people from our Academy will have been at Celtic's matches throughout the season to assess how Denayer is progressing and they will have a pretty good idea of whether he will be able to make the step up to join our squad next season.

I'll bow to your greater knowledge because I've only seen Denayer play once (Plzen youth away) and that particular game was too easy for anybody to form a rational opinion. I've seen Evans and Lopes a couple of times, but to me, they just seem to be drifting.
Do you think any of them will feature next season?

The best way for Denayer to prove he is ready is to play for the first team. I have watched him for Celtic this year and he has been exceptional. If we are serious about a youth strategy then we have to promote two or three into the first team squad this year and give them game time in cup games, as cover for injuries and starting in carefully targeted EPL matches. This will be the best incentive we could provide for our academy players. Imo, Denayer, Kelechi and Lopes would be the three.

First of all, there are many things to be be excited about next season. And, one of those things should be the promotion or the appreciation of the progress of some of the youth players. It is going to be a very important season and point in the club in terms of validating or proving to the fans and the masses that we are actually serious about the holistic approach. There are many candidates that has already been mentioned and it will be interesting to see, which if any gets a berth, not necessarily as a regular first team starter but as an occasional to regular name in the match day roster and who plays regularly in cup competitions. Ihenachio is ready, perhaps Denayer , Rekik and Lopes as well. There are also one or two others that did not go out on loan last season that can also get involved especially in the full back position so it remains to be seen.

It all comes down to the manager and his staff and their respect for the clubs intent in encouraging the promotion of EDS players. I understand that the stakes are high when it comes to the manager and his job but the manager has to fully buy into this strategy in order to apply it when the opportunity arises. The first team players also need to respect this approach as well. I cannot stress this point enough, the first team players, the star players also have an important role to play because their support on the pitch in terms of interaction (verbal or not), passing the ball to the young player (and not ignoring them), treating them as professional peers and generally encouraging them goes a very long way.

So perhaps the club needs to readdress and emphasize her policy to the staff during this post season, maybe, but what is clear is that we would have learnt a lot about the prospective holistic approach by the end of next season.

First of all, there are many things to be be excited about next season. And, one of those things should be the promotion or the appreciation of the progress of some of the youth players. It is going to be a very important season and point in the club in terms of validating or proving to the fans and the masses that we are actually serious about the holistic approach. There are many candidates that has already been mentioned and it will be interesting to see, which if any gets a berth, not necessarily as a regular first team starter but as an occasional to regular name in the match day roster and who plays regularly in cup competitions. Ihenachio is ready, perhaps Denayer , Rekik and Lopes as well. There are also one or two others that did not go out on loan last season that can also get involved especially in the full back position so it remains to be seen.

It all comes down to the manager and his staff and their respect for the clubs intent in encouraging the promotion of EDS players. I understand that the stakes are high when it comes to the manager and his job but the manager has to fully buy into this strategy in order to apply it when the opportunity arises. The first team players also need to respect this approach as well. I cannot stress this point enough, the first team players, the star players also have an important role to play because their support on the pitch in terms of interaction (verbal or not), passing the ball to the young player (and not ignoring them), treating them as professional peers and generally encouraging them goes a very long way.

So perhaps the club needs to readdress and emphasize her policy to the staff during this post season, maybe, but what is clear is that we would have learnt a lot about the prospective holistic approach by the end of next season.
Good post mate. Completely agree about the importance of the senior players helping the youngsters integrate. I did enjoy the way the senior players celebrated Evans goal. That bodes well and you could see what it meant to the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.