Everton 2017/18 | Allardyce the new manager

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by MCFC1993, 3 Jul 2017.

1. Thekinkygoat

Thekinkygoat

He missed his calling, should be a comedian.

2. blueincy

blueincy

Rio hahaha

Gives inspirational speeches;)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-manchester-united-legend-rio-9480400

3. Southern

Southern

4. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    If wobbly gob wanted a go he could start with getting some badges.......he'd be great to follow Giggs into the job.

5. 13/05/12

13/05/12

Tbh I don't think the sentiment is wrong...

You're not going to like what he says because he name-checked Pep and City.

So put it this way - Arsenal had 33 shots on goal yesterday, 14 on target but lost 3-1. Did Mourinho put together a tactical masterclass to beat them? No.

His team rode their luck entirely. Their opening two goals came from their opponents gifting the ball away on the edge of their box. Their keeper had a stormer and combined with some shit finishing they won the game.

Now the press and all are blowing on Mourinho's pipe but I have seen managers like Allardyce, Pulis, Bilic etc win games against big sides with almost the exact same pattern yet they don't get acclaimed as tactical geniuses. Allardyce won with Palace at Chelsea and Liverpool last season while thrashing Arsenal at home in between. No one heralded him or his players. Mourinho goes to these places, plays for a 0-0 and gets called sophisticated etc.

Having seen City beat big sides as the big underdog and where we had to rely on our fight and spirit and a bit of luck I know how it feels where you don't get due credit for executing it.

6. urban genie

urban genie

That wasn't sam point though was it, whether mourinho is lauded for bus parking and winning, where he isn't didn't even come into it

His point was, even if he has players who can play good football and don't need to just defend, when he choses to play 10 behind the ball and not play that's his choice, and if doing that gets a result against the likes of Pep, then on that day he's a better manager.

That is bollocks.

i agree with pep on this, and it's a bit like keegan, in rather seeing footballers play the game beuatifully win, lose or draw and refusing to play shite and fuck the game as long as the win is there.

A lot of this is the result of the prem and staying in it being a major financial factor, many clubs and teams pick staying up and the financial rewards (understandardly) over playing good football. I remember when wimbledon were castigated for playing thus kind of shite in tge 80's/90's, unfortunately now it's called tactical nounce.

7. Leto

Leto

Allardyce is a big mouthed gobshite. He's an average manager at his absolute best and he's a corrupt twat that - thank fuck - lost the England job before he even played two games. If I was billionaire I'd buy a top team and give him the manger's job just to see him fuck it up so he'd shut up abouyt being able to handle a job like that.

8. GazM

GazM

9. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Yes, you horrible twat, another of your raggy mates, gargoyle Gary, was in punditry before he tried his hand at management, and see how that ended.

10. spanishblue

spanishblue

posts 100,000,000
    They are going to be well pissed when we take Lookman off them : )