Everton (a) Post-Match Thread

Not pretty but deserved, few below par performances, really suffer from lack of height and stop picking on Gundog he was fine today, keeps things ticking over. Left flank was a concern!

Well played blues. Some beautiful football at times and dug deep when we needed to. Goodison is never an easy place to go. Think too many people in the match thread were influenced by the shite coming out of Neville's mouth.

Our vulnerability at set pieces is a result of having small and technically gifted footballers. Thats the price we have to pay.

What a quality win that was. Heart, determination, skill. And can I just take a moment to wax somewhat lyrical about Mahrez tonight. He was at the heart of everything good we did. It's took me a while to become a believer. But I'm a monkee now.
Great determination. Like the exact opposite of the many embarrassing blues in the matchday thread

Mahrez sweetly skipped past his man, KDB pinged it right onto Jesus' head to score from just in front of the keeper. Riyad well outside the box brilliant free kick low into the goalie's corner. Agüero nice run to start it, got it back from Mahrez and Sterling off the crossbar sealed it. Ederson great saves when called upon but my motm Riyad, as seen with others looking better and better in his 2nd season, if we get the Leicester Mahrez this year we're in for some fun.

Some of the football in the first half was beautiful but after we scored we allowed Everton back into the game.

In the end we ground out a good win whilst not being at our best. These are the results that win leagues.

On to the next one.

Take the points and run. Zinchenko, Gundo and Sterling until his last couple of minutes terrible. Rodri, Mahrez and KDB class. I don't know how we're gonna survive until Jan without Laporte.

Tough game and we close that gap. We still have the will to win under adversity . This was what this game showed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.