Everton (H) - Sat 10th Feb, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was ref at Goodison after Xmas already when we won 3-1.

Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Lee Betts, Akil Howson.
Fourth official: Rebecca Welch.
VAR: Michael Oliver. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

Last edited:
If Rodri is played too much he'll suffer from fatigue (like some games last season) and is more vulnerable to picking up an injury. And if he does what do we do? He said himself he needed a rest and due to Phillips not being up to standard he's had very little rest.

I think Pep will have a contingency plan for when Rodri can't play or needs resting, and we have several options to cover his position. I think kovacic Aki and Akanji are capable, but i think Stones playing there wouldn't be much of a downgrade, and he's probably the most likely to deputise for Rodri when we to give Rodders a well earned rest.
I think variations on this theme were tried out before Christmas, with very poor results. It is probably the main reason we miss out on silverware this season, if Rodri is injured or as seems likely suspended for 2 or 3 games. I am stru8ggling to find any game over the next couple of months in which we can safely give him a rest. To do so next Saturday, for example, might very well end badly.

I think variations on this theme were tried out before Christmas, with very poor results. It is probably the main reason we miss out on silverware this season, if Rodri is injured or as seems likely suspended for 2 or 3 games. I am stru8ggling to find any game over the next couple of months in which we can safely give him a rest. To do so next Saturday, for example, might very well end badly.
He could (should) have been rested immediately following PWFs third goal last night.

Kovacic could've done that role, with OB replacing Vikingo !!

We looked in top form against Brentford. I think we win this easily, 4-1. Robot gets back on track and has 2.

Neither are some of the teams we failed to beat...Yet people are suggesting we rest Rodri, that was my point.

There's no room to be resting your most important player at this stage of the season. Take him off if the game is done, certainly. Starting without him? No, it's just inviting problems.
Agreed.

Managing his 'in game' time may be difficult,but it's better than starting without him.

In having said that,now that KDB is back,if Rodders was injured, I wouldn't shit bricks if Kovacic had to start.

I‘d like to see Stones come back in, playing like last season, with Walker, Dias/Ake and Ake/Gvardiol narrowing to a back 3. De Bruyne and Foden together centrally, probably Grealish left for a bit of control.
Unlikely though. Pep seems committed to the fullbacks playing wider/higher and to embracing an element of chaos in our game. Great at times, but does leave us looking vulnerable. And gives Rodri a hell of a lot of work to do.

We didn't have De Bruyne before Christmas though, with him in the side we would not have dropped as many points.

So what you (and a few others) think is we can't afford to rest Rodri for fear of losing? "Safely give him a rest." lol.

Stones is primed to cover Rodri and i can't see how you and others cannot see it. And should Rodri get suspended or injured (through being overplayed) then we'll have no choice to try someone in his place.

Whilst Stones is fit he's the most natural replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.