Everton v City post match

Just got back. After Leicester I didn`t think we could have put in such a poor performance. But Pep and your boys you have just excelled yourself today. I think everyone from the players, the manager, and those above him should come out apologise to those fans that travel far and wide. The last drubbing we got at Everton was that long ago it featured Gary Lineaker. Only way to describe the situation is SHAMBOLIC.

To perform as he did in that last season was truly outstanding.

Undermined before a ball was kicked, deliberately hamstrung in the transfer market, knowing he would've been sacked but for agueroooo, and STILL he dragged us to top four and a cup final.

Then the news was leaked

For such a good manager he's been awful since....

That goalie is total and utter wank. I don't care if he can do 100 keeps uppys he cannot save a medicine ball. He should never play again for us.

Stones is not the answer to our defencive problems.

Pep signed them both.

He has spent 150 mill on players and yet is relying on Mancini signings to perform. Added to that he is making some of our best players now play wank.

He gets paid 15mill a year and needs criticising and any happy clapper who does not agree look up the words accountability and responsibility in the dictionary.

Garbage.

Embarrassing. Same old story, dominate possession, create little, squander what we do create, opposition score from one chance on the counter and then have a field day picking us off on the counter with every man behind the ball when we have it.

Worrying thing as well is the complete collapse of discipline. So many players losing their heads and lashing out, see it every other week now.

Then you have the utterly shambolic defending, which is the norm for us now.

Starting to worry now.

Have to hope that Gabriel Jesus can prove the spark we need to at least have more of a cutting edge up front. Clutching at straws really. This is a mess.

That's exactly what it is, and quite honestly I don't see it changing significantly any time soon. In fact, I'm far from convinced it'll have changed significantly in 12 months time even after a major transfer window, because our style of play is too easy for teams in this particular league to overcome. If you're a shambles like West Ham or you want to come out and try and give us a game like Arsenal, then sure, like as not we'll tear you a new one, but if you want to sit deep, keep your discipline, and then counterattack with power and pace then you'll turn us over again and again.

Put simply you cannot defend in this wide open fashion in English football, no matter who your defenders are, because virtually every team has got a lummox to relieve the pressure (Lukaku, King, Wickham, Giroud, Vokes, Slimani, Costa, Kane, Rondon, Carroll, Llorente, the list goes on and on) and midfielders with the pace and determination to get downfield and take advantage. Chuck in a keeper, who looks genuinely incapable of saving anything, and you've got a recipe for fuck all. If Pep thinks we were unlucky in any way today he's living in a fantasy world. We got precisely what we deserved (not for the first time) for a fatally flawed game plan, and we were undone again by opposition who didn't even have to be good to beat us, just organised and committed.

For all the defensive issues, if we had a decent keeper we'd be at least 6 points better off.

No steel in the squad at all...lacking leaders and to many not made of the right stuff...I've said it before it will take 3 transfer windows and £200mill before Pep gets what he wants

200 million? fuck me, the Sheik will be happy if he gets change from 500 million sorting that mess out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.