Everton v City post match

We had a few 3-0 defeats under him. Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal. and we were awful in the CL under him.

The Spurs 3-0 was Hughes when Robinho went off down the tunnel.

The Arsenal game we were down to ten men for the majority.

Liverpool i'll give you.

The CL we went up against teams who went on to win the comp, besides Ajax where we didn't turn up the teams we faced would have wiped the floor with most teams those years, so unfair to judge Mancini on his CL record with us imo.

Point stands, we never took pastings under Mancini, never lost the big games at home and always were competing.

What else to say.... same old same old right? I'm very disappointed with Khaldoon and the board, underestimating the league and not changing the old guard with new players that fits Pep philosophy.

Well, for a start Bravo fits his philosophy and he is a complete shambles. Not everything is on Khaldoon and the board. How many young players (read Sane, Garcia, Nacho, Angelino, Tosin etc.) have been even given proper chances?

I aint a real fan anyway.

I've been through Swales & I'm not going through it again so a bunch of kneejerk fucking wankers can have their fix of sackings.

And fuck anyone who tries to bring that kind of club back.
So have I. And he dick that followed - it Frannie Lee. Point is - it's in your blood. You might want to give in. But you can't and won't

I just don't follow Pep's mentality. He had a choice, either go with the first team players we had and back them and say they were now his players and make it work, or he had to bin them and go with youth.

He chose to raise questions about players like Kun who hasn't been the same since, and binned of the likes of Yaya, Nasri and co.

He hasn't followed through on it though. Everton were prepared to pick Davies today, Liverpool are prepared to play Arnold at Old Trafford. Maffeo, A Garcia should have been regulars this season and Tosin should have had more game-time. It's not about whether they make it long-term, it's them being a fresh impetus to the side, less baggage and bringing something different that the first teamers clearly can't provide because the results prove it. Just because Zaba has a good game in midfield doesn't mean it's suited to him as a spot, just because Sagna puts a good cross in or Clichy scores a goal, it's not enough. He has a £40m winger he's barely using but who helped win us the last big game we played.

Pep is doing exactly what Pelle did with Bony over Kelechi which pissed everyone off. I expected more from him, I expected that once he saw the first teamers let him down he would turn to the youth and give them the chance and build around the few key players he wants to keep. So far there is very little difference to Pelle, playing his favourites or first team pros on big contracts at all costs, even if it means they play out of position or aren't as effective with the players around them, and not only giving them a fair chance but then turning to others and giving them a fair crack to prove themselves.

It's frustrating. It's the same old players, doing the same old shit. Conte went in to Chelsea and fitted the team into a system that suited his best player, and it doesn't matter if it means Alonso/Moses have to play for the good of the team over Fabregas/Pedro/Willian. Likewise, Klopp will leave out Sakho/Moreno/Sturridge for the good of picking "lesser" players who will do their job and make the team better. Pochettino binned most of the expensive rubbish bought for him at Spurs and took the good and added lesser thought of players to make the team better.

City stick Zaba in CM, continue playing past-it full backs, continuing picking the keeper in worse form and continue picking Yaya/Silva/KDB/Kun in the same line-up even though it never really works.

Arnold is stinking the fucking place out tbf but has got away with 8t exactly as I predicted earlier.

Pep has been given shit for changing & not changing.

We apparently only lose when we play 3 at the back, for instance.

Such a sorry state of affairs. Get any worse you bet it can. Champagne money for lemonade players!

We can't really judge pep this season as he's working with mainly post pellegrini players,in my opinion we've got to drag ourselves through this season and start afresh and let pep bring in his own players,to be honest it might even do us good if we have no European football next season so we can rebuild properly,if we still come up short next year then we have a right to criticise him,surely he must know who needs to go.

Spot on but no European football is not the answer

I thought a director of Football bought players and it was the coach's job to mold them into an effective unit.
If so then we should have been buying Pep's type of players so he could come in as was always the plan. Then hit the ground running so to speak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.