Ex-City Players You Have Rose-Tinted Glasses For

Geoff Hammond -a FB who caned in a couple of 25 yarders, was decent and then suddenly disappeared it appeared to me as a 14 yr old

Looking for players that were either divisive or unpopular when they were playing for us, but that you remember fondly.

I'd have to start with Aleksandar Kolarov, whose flaws I always liked to overlook. Now I mostly remember the goals and the season he played at centre-back and was genuinely very good.
Mauritzio Gaudino, italian german, no wonder i can't spell his name

Tony Henry..

Tony wasn't a first team regular but whenever he played I can't recall him ever letting us down..

He was a neat, tidy, skillful footballer from memory..

1980/81 season, remember Tony putting us 2-1 up against Forest at the City Ground with a 20 yarder..

Going mental in the corner of the ground that housed the City fans and one of the floodlights..

At the time, Forest were the current European Champions and never seemed to lose at home and we were winning 2-1 at half time after being 1-0 down..

Great days..

We lost 3-2..

Being a goalie (Denton Boys 1968 u11 caps) always saw the best in our more under rated or used
Carlo Nash
Alan Ogley
And especially Pantiloman to name a few

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.