Expectations for the first half of the season?

Gorton_Tubster

Team supported
Manchester City
We have a very unusual season, and it seems to me its going to be like two completely different seasons with the impact of the WC on the players. Players are going to be coming back injured, knackered, elated, depressed, totally whole new dynamic for a lot of clubs going into the 2nd half of the season.

So for me, I am totally relaxed about this first half, I want us to be with 4 or 5 points of the top if not top ourselves, I think if we're in the fighting pack we have as good a chance as if we were 6 points clear given the chaos there could be in the 2nd half of the season.

Do you guys see it like this? Everyone seems to be getting hot under the collar if we drop just a single point but surely this season is different and maybe even getting 90 pts is insurmountable in this one.... What about you guys, what do you think is acceptable situation for City to be in by November 13?

From where we are right now, we can theoretically get to 44 pts by then. If we can amass a minimum of 35 pts, I'll be happy. We're nearly always better in the second half of a season. How the World Cup will affect teams going into the new year, who knows?

- In touching distance of top (no more than five points).
- Through the group stage of the CL (ideally in first place with lots of breathing room to relax players in the final games).
- Through to the next round of the league cup (but honestly, as much as I'd like to win it again, I won't be throwing a tantrum on here if we go out).
- Looking like we've cracked the system and figured out how to maximize Haaland while tightening up at the back and not leaving Rodri exposed.

Everything else is just noise imo.

Last edited:
obviously i would like us to be top, but as long as we are withing 6 points of the leaders i will be OK with it

To integrate well Haaland, Alvarez and the other new players and to prepare ourselves in the best possible way for the second half of the season. The rest will come from itself.

Hopefully not too far off the top and hopefully we'll have learned how to play to get the most out of Haaland .
We seem to go from not passing to him, to looking for him with every ball

Touching distance of the top.

30 points to play for:
Spurs (H) - 1
Wolves (A) - 3
United (H) - 3
Southampton (H) - 3
Liverpool (A) - 1
Arsenal (A) - 1
Brighton (H) - 3
Leciester (A) - 3
Fulham (H) - 3
Brentford (H) - 3

So 24 points would be a great return from that. 20 points or more would be good. Less than 20, not ideal.

Through to the Champions League knockouts.

Knock Chelsea out of the League Cup and pray we get a lower league side where we can play the kids in the 4th round. The 4th round is between the World Cup Final (Dec 18) and the 1st league game back (26 Dec).

Touching distance of the top.

30 points to play for:
Spurs (H) - 1
Wolves (A) - 3
United (H) - 3
Southampton (H) - 3
Liverpool (A) - 1
Arsenal (A) - 1
Brighton (H) - 3
Leciester (A) - 3
Fulham (H) - 3
Brentford (H) - 3

So 24 points would be a great return from that.

Through to the Champions League knockouts.

Knock Chelsea out of the League Cup and pray we get a lower league side where we can play the kids in the 4th round. The 4th round is between the World Cup Final (Dec 18) and the 1st league game back (26 Dec).
Could always play a front 3 of Haaland, Mahrez and Palmer if it’s 4th round. All be raring to go with no World Cup involvement.

We will win nothing.

The fixtures will then stop for the world cup.

obviously i would like us to be top, but as long as we are withing 6 points of the leaders i will be OK with it
As long as its not the candle carriers who are the leaders.
Wouldn't like to try and pull back 6 points in half of a season off that lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.