Expensive watches

My eldest is in his first year at university. During his previous two years in sixth form, there was a lad who already had a business procuring and selling high end watches - Rolexes and similar. He was earning more than any of his teachers, and after he passed his test, he drove the most expensive car on display in the school car park. I think it was a high end BMW.

Each to his own Jake but I don't see the point of wearing a replica of a watch that you cant afford..............

It's not just that...why pay for a watch with a shite movement that won't last...when for very little outlay you can either buy an original Seiko or vintage chronograph which will last you a lifetime

I just don't get the appeal of fakes

WatchCalculator-casio.jpg

In many middle eastern countries they wear expensive watches to show how wealthy they are. The male national dress doesn't allow for flamboyancy so you'll often see them wearing ridiculously expensive watches, pens and (sun)glasses to show how much money they have.

My previous job involved me buying a licences brand of watches direct from the Far East, whilst not Rolex it was a decent brand. I'd resell these to dealers who would then sell onto Joe Public. As an indicator of value, most of the watches cost me around $20 each, selling price then RRP would be a minimum of £80, a watch they'd RRP at £300 would cost me around $60

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.