Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

[QUOTE="urban genie, post: 10215445, member: 9338"]I am specifically on about election wise which has 2 sides in the main or the political spectrum, Albert square last night and Manchesters response yesterday in general proves that on a compassionate human level we are one side and a united community.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to think right now this isn't in peoples thoughts but do understand you cynicism. I have my own thoughts on the election and discussing it in another thread is probably more appropriate.

The young girl who's mother was on TV all day yesterday appealing as to her whereabouts,has finally been named as one of the victims......so terribly sad.

[QUOTE="urban genie, post: 10215445, member: 9338"]I am specifically on about election wise which has 2 sides in the main or the political spectrum, Albert square last night and Manchesters response yesterday in general proves that on a compassionate human level we are one side and a united community.
I'd like to think right now this isn't in peoples thoughts but do understand you cynicism. I have my own thoughts on the election and discussing it in another thread is probably more appropriate.[/QUOTE]

That's why it was in a larger comment as not to veer off the topic and was in relation to the topic and my hope people don't use this tragedy and I purposely veered from partizan political commentry as I will only do that on the GE thread.

As I said I expected it may get critisized from people but I thought it was relevant to say I don't want this used for gain and respect for those lost needs to be observed by all.

Maybe if there was a law to return parents and siblings, to the country of origin, this tosser may have been brought up differently, children FFS, something has to be done to fight back on their level.

Might be old news (probably is), but Spanish press are saying Pep Guardiola and his family were there.

I understand your point but look at all the recent attacks in Europe. They have all been for the same reason, all for the same warped version of a religion. These couple of dozen attacks aren't being perpetrated in the name of 'cheese lovers' or the Ford Owners Club.

It what you said was true then there'd be an even demographic split in the evil bastards doing such things. But there isn't. There is a very real and very serious problem with an extremist offshoot of one major religion. They don't represent that religion, my Muslim colleagues were disgusted by this attack. But without said offshoot of Wahhabi Islam, then this attack and many more like it would not have happened.

As the famous quote goes "there will always be evil men doing evil deeds and good men doing good deeds, but religion allows a good man to do an evil deed and still believe they are doing good". If humankind collectively forgot about religion for 100 years then so much suffering could be spared over the next millennium.
Hmmm. Nearly 100 years ago we were bombing Iraqi villages and killing children for not paying taxes. Oil not religion behind that. Substitute oil for religion in that quote and you've got Churchill. Maybe we've moved on, but when we hear "collateral damage" it usually means children have been killed. No excuses, no justification, just context to the outrage we feel.

At 66 years of age GM, I feel sorry for my 4 kids (all grown up) and my 4 grandchildren, who may only ever see a continuation of these atrocities as a regular occurrence in their lives.

But your generation lived through the IRA bombings which at present was far worse than what we are currently going through ?

and the generation before was living during the 2nd World War

It may not feel like it, certainly now but we live in the safest time in history, There are fewer wars, less crime, and even less risk of terrorism than ever before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.