Extreme Away Days

Harvster

Looking for views about your away day experiences. Of those games you have attended, which was the fullest or emptiest, furthest or closest, scariest or friendliest, first or last, best or worst?

I will kick us off with two offerings:

Coldest - April 1989 - Shrewsbury, night league match, bleedin' freezing, my shocking Mini Metro wouldn't start after the game, last out of the car park by a long stretch, good job we won 1-0 (Morley)

Worst - March 2007 - Blackburn, FA Cup, lost 2-0 to a mediocre Rovers team, Blues fighting with each other on the way out. The depressing day when it finally dawned on me that unless something unbelievable and wholly unforeseen was to happen, City would not win another trophy in my lifetime

coldest - Middlesborough 2010 in the FA cup, was absolutely baltic! blizzard on the way to the ground (not helped by taking a wrong turning or two and getting lost). at least we won though

Blackburn FA cup was awful, i remember travelling down from newcastle via sale, journeys took forever, game was shite

Most Frustrating: Stretford End on a freebie for the 1-6 masterclass. Massive headache after FT from the bottled up celebrating.

Coldest: Boro in the 8-1. Entire country was baking in sunshine so travelled up in shorts and t shirt. It was fucking freezing in that rathole. Less said about the game, the better. " We don't need no Phil Scolari......" Fucking hell.

Chesterfield away in the cup was pretty grim. As was Doncaster and Oldham. Stopped going to cup away games because of that stretch of shite defeats in cup games.

Brighton away at start of 81/82 season got absolutely pissed on in open end,froze my bollocks off all the way home on the special,we lost 4-1 too..

Eventful was arsenal away when we wore yellow kit. Lost 4 nil.

I was at college at the time and an exchange trip in Holland. The days of pay on the gate. Unplanned, got back into hull port early morning on day of the game and set off to London. Someone took my case home to save carrying it.

Got a single train ticket to get to the game as I only had cash being a student. Ran out of money to get the train home after paying on the gate. Had to ring home to get a train ticket paid. With no mobiles either it was a challenge.

Coldest: Oldham away on that dreadful artificial pitch they had at the time, I think it was Smegheads debut and we won 1-0 albeit my memory is hazy due to the sub-artic temperatures that day, incredibly cold!
Most Memorable: That play-off final, from total and utter despair to incredible euphoria in a mater of minutes..... I will never ever experience the like again ……… hopefully as my dodgy ticker probably wont take another go around!

Its why I fooking love this club!!!!

Wettest Oldham away about 1987, lovely sunny August day until kick off then pissed down all match, no roof in them days
Worst journey Ipswich 5 of us went in mates mini metro broke down then had a puncture with no jack.,4 of us managed to lift the car whilst the other changed the wheel, finally got there with 15 min remaining and had to go in the home end. Finished 0-0 turned out we missed absolutely nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.