F A Vase Maine Road FC v Billingham Sythonia

djm68

No Premier League football this weekend - Why not get down to Brantingham Road Chorlton/Whalley Range for the 2nd Round FA Vase clash between Road and Billingham. The prize money is £1,200! That would be a Godsend along with some reasonable gate money. Only £5 for adults. £3 concessions. Wear your City colours and give the lads (currently 2nd in NWCFL Premier Division) a cheer. Sat 3:00pm.....(won't be moved for television!)

Incidentally, if anyone has still got a recording of the ITV coverage of the 2011 Cup Final win over Stoke, the commentator says a few seconds before kick-off, " This is a competition that started back in August with 600+ teams including the likes of Maine Road FC -started by Manchester City Supporters in 1955 and Billingham Sythonia......."

djm68 said:
No Premier League football this weekend - Why not get down to Brantingham Road Chorlton/Whalley Range for the 2nd Round FA Vase clash between Road and Billingham. The prize money is £1,200! That would be a Godsend along with some reasonable gate money. Only £5 for adults. £3 concessions. Wear your City colours and give the lads (currently 2nd in NWCFL Premier Division) a cheer. Sat 3:00pm.....(won't be moved for television!)

Incidentally, if anyone has still got a recording of the ITV coverage of the 2011 Cup Final win over Stoke, the commentator says a few seconds before kick-off, " This is a competition that started back in August with 600+ teams including the likes of Maine Road FC -started by Manchester City Supporters in 1955 and Billingham Sythonia......."

Might just take you up on that !

I was assistant referee for all of Sythonia's pre season friendlies. Great club and great set of people running them. They have a few players who have been released by Middlesbrough over the past few seasons. Star man is someone called Nathan Porritt who last season did spend some time at West Ham. Also have a relation of Lee Cattermole called Aidan Cattermole. Another oner to watch is Shaun Clarke, if he isn't suspended, likes a late tackle.

I believe they lost 3-2
I was hoping to get down but unfortunately had a few jobs to do

richardtheref said:
I was assistant referee for all of Sythonia's pre season friendlies. Great club and great set of people running them. They have a few players who have been released by Middlesbrough over the past few seasons. Star man is someone called Nathan Porritt who last season did spend some time at West Ham. Also have a relation of Lee Cattermole called Aidan Cattermole. Another oner to watch is Shaun Clarke, if he isn't suspended, likes a late tackle.

You should have been at Colwyn today.

That Nathan Porritt was a star to be as a kid, remember watching a doco that filmed Liverpool tap his agent up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.