Leicester City 0 Manchester City 1 FA Cup Final On This Day 26th April 1969:

My first final aged 17 with my then girlfriend Sue,we left at midnight on the Friday on Connelys coach from Gorton Hyde road near the Plough pub.I also had to send the tokens and the front covers from our away games from that season,also I put a note in asking for an extra ticket for my wife and yes I was sent the 2 tickets.We did eventually get married but it only lasted a few years,I wonder if she still remembers that cup final day ?
I was on a Connellys coach too. Can’t remember if they ran more than one - wouldn’t surprise me as nearly all blues round there. My Granddad and various uncles used to drink in the Plough - or the Pluff as they used to call it. The trip to London took ages.

The reason i got into City.
Watched the highlights on the Sunday afternòn at my grans.Black and white tv.
Neil Young my first City hero.
First FA cup final i saw live on tv was Chelsea v Leeds replay at swamp.
Again in black and white.

The reason i got into City.
Watched the highlights on the Sunday afternòn at my grans.Black and white tv.
Neil Young my first City hero.
First FA cup final i saw live on tv was Chelsea v Leeds replay at swamp.
Again in black and white.
I watched it at my mates house ( we couldn't play out as it was raining!). No interest in footy until that day, saw Nellys goal and I was just hooked. I was/am a female and none of our family were footy fans!

Wasn't allowed to go, even though the old fella was taking me to MR. He went on the Pullman train. Don't think he wanted a 6 year old in tow

I managed to get a ticket using my vouchers. I used to collect the vouchers every week from 1964 onwards and it was the first time I ever got to use them. I think that the only other time I used them was for the League Cup Final against West Brom a year later. I had a season ticket by the time of the Wolves LC Final.

We drove down in my mum’s Vauxhall Viva. We avoided the motorways and got there in time despite a puncture.

It was my third visit to Wembley having been there for the 1966 World Cup SF and the Rags’ European Cup final v Benfica (with tickets sourced from Benfica).

I don’t remember much of the match other than the Neil Young goal and the celebrations afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.