FA cup final ticket news?

cheddar404 said:
big blueballs said:
Eds said:
Common sense should prevail and Wigan should be given 25,000 and City 40,000 which would still mean 20,000+ for all the hangars on.
FA and common sense not seen often in the same sentence, unfortunately

You've managed it though. Although I would have liked to have seen you use a full stop.
Like I said, "not seen often"

So we have 17k CS members? Where does that number come from.
For the semi we originally had 31k tickets and common feedback was that 5k were left after the CS window closed. I'm bad at Maths but it suggests City could allocate 26k tickets to it's corporates/sup clubs/CS members...means 1k who got them for the semi miss out this time - but which group the 1k come from?

It says on the OS that some details have yet to be clarified, including prices and allocation.

Following the fact that Wigan Athletic did not sell out its alloction for the semi-final, Manchester City F. C. should be making the strongest representations possible to the FA to increase the number of tickets we receive at the expense of our opponents, IMHO.

Eds said:
Common sense should prevail and Wigan should be given 25,000 and City 40,000 which would still mean 20,000+ for all the hangars on.
That'd open a nasty can of worms. Playing devil's advocate for a while here. Say we played the vermin in the final; they must average, after correcting their doctored figures, around 55-60k at each home game. Therefore, would you be happy to see them get 33% more tickets than us for said final? And this is from someone who would possibly benefit if our allocation was upped and Wigan's dropped, before you have a go.

Vienna_70 said:
It says on the OS that some details have yet to be clarified, including prices and allocation.

Following the fact that Wigan Athletic did not sell out its alloction for the semi-final, Manchester City F. C. should be making the strongest representations possible to the FA to increase the number of tickets we receive at the expense of our opponents, IMHO.

Spot on. The FA should take a common sense approach here.......

Oh well...

I'd like to go to this one hopefully but want to be on a coach with a few familiar people so I don't get lost,crushed,or eaten by a Wigan fan ;)

jimharri said:
Eds said:
That'd open a nasty can of worms. Playing devil's advocate for a while here. Say we played the vermin in the final; they must average, after correcting their doctored figures, around 55-60k at each home game. Therefore, would you be happy to see them get 33% more tickets than us for said final? And this is from someone who would possibly benefit if our allocation was upped and Wigan's dropped, before you have a go.

It's not about home attendance though, it's about the fact they didn't sell out their allocation for the semi-final. Where as we did.

jimharri said:
Eds said:

^^^^^^ This.

Wigan sold 22,000 for the semi. They'll easily sell 25,000 for the final. If we start agitating for a change that suits us this time, we're likely to get 'hoist by our own petard' in the future, particularly since in any given year, we're more likely to face Utd in a final than Wigan.

Be careful what you wish for.

I agree with Vienna 70. We don't want a repeat of last time when Stoke got an extra 3,000 tickets when returns from local FAs, other clubs etc. went to them because of the lay out of the blocks.

We only outnumbered Stoke because there must have been 15,000 Blues in Club Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.