FA Cup Final | What time are you setting off and from where?

When I found out about the Saturday strike I decided to travel from Edinburgh on the Friday and stay with my son in South London. Then I found out that there was another rail strike on the Friday, I ended up booking flights from Edinburgh.

It was no use flying to Gatwick, Stansted, etc. as it would still require a train to get to London, so I booked to Heathrow.

I will still have the issue of getting from Sydenham to Wembley. Does anyone know if the London Overground is affected?
Looks like I'm doing the overground from Norwood Junction to Canada Water. Looks to be running and it stops at Sydenham. Then Jubilee line the rest of the way.

Had planned on a tram to wimbledon but they've added the last bit of the journey to the strike.

getting a train from Crewe to London Euston via Birmingham new street on Friday evening, staying in premier Inn Farringdon, central London. Wish these train strikes weren't happening. would have saved plenty of money

I'm sure I read they'd called a strike for Friday as well.

After having weighed it up carefully, I think I'll try the Marylebone to Wembley Stadium overland route, rather than the Met Line out to Wembley Park. I've got a feeling it'll be quite a lot less crowded. Anybody done it that way and able to compare? I'm staying in London as of Thursday afternoon, so it's all the same to me.

Shit, just checked it, there are no outbound trains from Marylebone this Saturday! Have to think again…

Last edited:
After having weighed it up carefully, I think I'll try the Marylebone to Wembley Stadium overland route, rather than the Met Line out to Wembley Park. I've got a feeling it'll be quite a lot less crowded. Anybody done it that way and able to compare? I'm staying in London as of Thursday afternoon, so it's all the same to me.

Shit, just checked it, there are no outbound trains from Marylebone this Saturday! Have to think again…
Bakerloo line from Marylebone to Wembley Central, more frequent service although not as convenient as the usual train to Wembley Stadium

Bakerloo line from Marylebone to Wembley Central, more frequent service although not as convenient as the usual train to Wembley Stadium

Yep, fancy that, it's a fair old walk from Wembley Central to the stadium, but that'll set me up for the match. Will take me back to my childhood. My father owned a garage in central Wembley, brilliant Italian ice cream place literally over the road from it called Di Marco's.
Are we certain that Bakerloo is not disrupted?

Going to set off from Hyde about 8am , need to stop off in denton to pick up mates

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.