FA Cup QF Draw | Newcastle (H) | Sat 16 Mar 17:30

BBC/ITV would ideally want Rags V Scouse as a Saturday night kick off. I doubt they'll get it and settle for a 14:00 Sunday kick off with semis draw after.
That game has to be on the Sunday. Scousers have a Europa League game on Thursday 14th.

I'm virtually certain that there can't be a Monday game at the onset of an international break as there's an unofficial agreement that all clubs agree to allowing players to travel to report for national team duty on Monday if that's what their country requires.
The international games are indeed mainly friendlies but the playoffs for the final places at the Euros are during that international break with 12 countries involved.
Cheers, I do remember a good few years ago Sky putting the odd Monday night game on prior to an International break but they’ve not done so for a long time so you’re understanding is more likely to be correct.

I didn’t realise the plays offs were during the forthcoming break, out of touch with International football, it’s a blight on the fixture list, 4 breaks within a season is ridiculous.

All about UEFA and FIFA chasing the dollar to increase revenue at the expense of the players who are being over used. 48 teams at the next World Cup and the 2025 32 team World Club Tournament will mean some of our players will be playing early July for the next three seasons before pre season friendlies start around the third week in July, something has to give.

They can go either way with the timing of the draw for semi. Not looked at the other 2 matches but assume it will be Chelsea and Leicester/ Coventry? I honestly don't know which way Rags Dips will go, would prefer a Rag win, because if we get through we get them or Chavs sf.
How do you know we get Rags or Chelsea if we win ?.

How do you know we get Rags or Chelsea if we win ?.

It’s all planned out mate.

United and Liverpool always either get an easy draw, so they can get a virtual bye to the next round.

Or a really difficult draw because it makes for good TV.

Occasionally they’ll throw them a middling kinda draw to try and kid us it’s all above board.

But we ain’t that stupid.

ITV gets first and fourth picks so will obviously be at the swamp. BBC gets second and third picks so I would presume will take our game.
Based on the weird kickoff times we've seen recently for derbies and our upcoming visit to Anfield, GMP might not fancy a 4:30pm kickoff for the Rags v Dippers extravaganza and may push for an earlier start especially with the increased cup tie away ticket allocation.
Another factor in kick off days and times will be the 6 Nations. No chance of a game on ITV on Saturday tea time, in my opinion. I reckon one game on Friday night or Sat 12.15ko, three games on the Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.