FA Cup Qtr final draw - away (big shock) at Middlesbrough

On the plus side I think the allocation should be good and the prices cheap. £10 for ST holders yesterday. Oxford sold 3300 tickets and their fans could also pay on the day so I assume they got somewhere between 4-5k

I always think the onus is on the home side in a cup game which plays into how we play best imo so a decent draw if we can win the replay.

Indeed it is 50% on each occasion if you are looking at it as one incident. However, if there are only two scenarios and equal chance of each occurence, then a sequence of 7 consecutive away draws is 1/128. That's the probability not an opinion.

Mathematically it is looked at as one incident as the probability resets after every event.

I get your point but in this example where there are only two outcomes it is this law that is applied.

Bending mathematical laws to suit agendas is forbidden :-)

I doubt that actually. Their preferred semi final teams will be us, Arsenal, Spurs and the Rags.
Really? I honestly think they are desperate for us to go out so they can trawl out the old "billionaires disrespect the FA Cup" line when Pep plays a weakened team (which would probably grace every team outside the top 4) in the replay.

They do share the same sponsor as the Cup - they have to get to the final again.

Funnily enough that did cross my mind but the upside is there is a chance Wenger will hold on to his job longer if they did win the FA Cup.

Last edited:
I really hope there is a miracle tomorrow night, and that Sutton play Lincoln for a semi final place, that would be brilliant for the FA Cup, but not for the TV companies I expect.

It would and every neutral would be over the moon. The beauty of the FA Cup is the shocks inflicted by the underdog particularly as the top sides, including us, frequently rest the big hitters.

Mathematically it is looked at as one incident as the probability resets after every event.

I get your point but in this example where there are only two outcomes it is this law that is applied.

Bending mathematical laws to suit agendas is forbidden :-)

:)

Who said it is being reset and it cannot be regarded as a sequence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.