FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not gonna be easy this, ball over the top to runners were our undoing in the last game time and again, hope pep has a plan

Walker, Rodri & Bernardo will be on the bench, mark my words. Lewis, Stones & Nunes will probably start. I suspect KDB & Erling may also start given they were rested for the last 30 mins plus penalties.
I think we need to go stronger than that in midfield to win. The psychological blow of going out of two tournaments in four days would be tough ahead of a tricky game in Brighton. If we try and go at them toe-to-toe like we did at the Bridge, I fear we'll be exhausted and come up short, hence a team based on possession.

The odds unexpectedly moved greatly in Chelsea's favour after all those minutes put on our legs. We're still heavy favourites to go through, though. I imagine the game plan will surround Palmer. It's not hyperbole to say everything goes through him. Chelsea have found a bit of form of late as well.

Ortega
Lewis Stones Gvardiol Ake
Nunes Kovacic
Bobb Foden Doku
Alvarez​

Not really sure how this goes.

Chelsea are still very good on their day. Seems they pick and choose when they decide to turn up and are more than decent when they do.

On the other hand we just had a very tiring long game, probably the emotional aspect of it was more tiring than the physical. You would expect some rotation but its also a semi final so we need a strong team too.

Hopefully the players don't dwell too much on last night. It's not like they were second best, I'm sure they'll be disappointed but the outcome was not a reflection of their ability and they should be reminded of that.

Anyway, can't worry too much about last nights impact on Saturday. A packed fixture list with big games comes with being an elite team. I'm sure the players would prefer to find the energy and play rather than be watching another club in their place.

But lets be positive, result aside, we are simply a better team than Real Madrid and they were shit scared of us. Chelsea are not on our level either, so let's show it.

They have ruined us on transitions this season, we need to have a think for this game. Having a load of players probably tired isn't ideal, but its a semi and we have to go for it:

Ortega

Walker (if fit) - Stones - Dias/Akanji - Gvardiol (Ake if fit)

Rodri - Kova

Doku - Foden - Grealish

Haaland/Alvarez depending on fitness

We never play well or get it easy at Wembley.

Can't decide if Pep will go strong or make as many changes as possible to prioritise the league, he's hard to read in situations like this. He might see the fact that there's now midweek gaps in the character with no CL as an opportunity to go strong

Have a feeling that it'll be penalties again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.