FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega
Lewis Stones Ake Gvardiol
Nunes Kovacic Bernardo
Foden Alvarez Doku

If KDB or Haaland come in, it will be with 15 minutes left.

Come on you beautiful blue boys let’s finish the season strong starting with Chelsea on Saturday. The boys will be up for it no doubt about it.

I like that, although I think Phil needs a rest. Could we move Bobb to the middle and have Gomes switching with Doku? Suspect not.
Phil should be alright, he’s 23 and no t played a minute of our last 2 league games.

Hopefully we respond to this disappointment of Champions League exit.

Ortega

Lewis Stones Ake Gvardiol

Nunes Kovacic Bernardo

Foden Haaland Doku

Have a feeling Kev will miss out.

Come on City.
No Rodri.
No thanks. It is 1/2 finals. We need our best team to respond.

Phil should be alright, he’s 23 and no t played a minute of our last 2 league games.

He looked like one of the few fresh people in the team at the end. He'd definitely want to play this one, and should.
I should have thought that one of Grealish or Bernie should be rested, but not both, especially is Kev is rested. We'd be sacrificing too much control.
It's difficult to see how poor old Rodri will not be called on, I'm afraid. This is the semi-final of a venerable old competition in this country. Kova and Nunes are both good players (especially Kova), despite what's often said on here, but I don't quite trust them to defend the back line properly, especially against this lot and Palmer, who's on fire. He's clever with his feet, but Nunes doesn't impose himself physically, I've noticed. In a fifty-fifty, I wouldn't back him to come out on top.
Unless Raz is playing… JJ

Last edited:
Think it’s the TV companies that put this on Saturday. The FA, like the Clubs, sold their souls to the devil a long time ago.
Ridiculous that TV companies can decide ko times.

Should be only the FA in conjunction with the clubs.

They'll be choosing the refs next.

In a logical world our game would be 3/4pm SUNDAY.

An 130 minute CL quarter final Wednesday night.....FACup semi 70 hours later (+ travel etc)

Anything to fuck us up.

Its a big psychological,physical & mental challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.