FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it, they’ve put 5 past us this season. They might sit back but they’ll definitely look to hit on the counter
Wouldn't it be funny if we flipped the script on them? Since it seems the blueprint for having any chance of beating us is to park the bus and play 1980s Italian football - maybe we should do it for a half. "ok bitches - come and get us", "and let's see how you do on a blistering counterattack."

It seems Pep has this team so well organized and our positioning is so good - teams just lock it up. A terrible way to play football.

Cl debacle still hurts but I expect the boys to put in a strong performance and get the result. I just hope they remain true to their natural instincts of attacking and take the game to Chelsea from the get go, if we do that we'd get past them

I think we'll be alright with the tiredness. Plenty available who are fresh, Rico, Ake, Jonny Stones, Oscar, La arana, Nunez, Kova, some can share half a game, it's enough.

Oh well the 4 on the trot will make up for missing out on a consecutive treble. I think we have done remarkably well to have stayed in contention for so long, looking nothing like the side that ripped it up last year.

Up the fucking blues
Spot on. In Hindsight,that's the truth.

I have absolutely nothing against Akanji, I think he is a good defender. I just dont think he is particularly good going forward. If that makes it "unquestionably the worst analysis", then ok.
But its funny how some see Akanji being in an advanced position 1 meter outside the oppositions penalty box the entire game and then scratch their head thinking "why are we only able to score 1 goal?". The reason is obviously not because of insane bad luck, its because we didnt create enough big chances against a team that just parked the bus. A big reason for that is having players like Akanji occupy the most dangerous area for the opposition on the pitch.
Akanji.a root and branch defender all his career,

Stepped up ,on Peps demand ,to play the fluid Stones role ...

Because...Stones couldn't do it ...because Southgate imo, deliberate
Y played Our Magnificent centre half through two , full meaningless international friendlies ,...to derail our double treble attempt..

In these circumstances ( and I do give a nod to what you,'ve said about akanji...) The player should be thanked,for doing his absolute best ,in a position that is not his, against one of the best teams in the world.

I cannot give Akanji enough credit for his professional performance midweek. ...in my honest opinion.

He started Nunes last week. Mate, I simply don't get your point. Pep makes mistakes, they all do. Signing Nunes is among his biggest, and by far the worst player he's bought for City. 50m. FIFTY FUCKING MILLION. I watched the shite that was Graham Baker, and this fella is literally the walking reincarnation of him. If I'm wrong, great. I spent most of last week wanting to on the pitch to boot the lazty sod up his arse, then he shit the bed for their goal. Bloke is a shocker. A whopper. Best example of his character? His folding like a house of cards when he hot the bird at Wolves, the ickle sausage. Pathetic. Good players rise up to that. He's got Cancelo's depth of character; about 3 inches. I'd sooner play Gomez, and that speaks volumes.
I don't rate Nunes either but this is too much.

Lewis, Ake and Bobb should be starters because of their energy and fresh legs. But please no wholesale changes, like against Liverpool two years ago. I fear Nunes will be a starter, he has not impressed so far; too much of a "luxury" player who will get easily harried by the likely Chelsea press.
ON what we,'ve seen.Nunez is indeed a luxury player.
But. His legs are fresh. The raw talent is there. He would have been part of teams who have done damage to Chelski previously....if he has the passion.. This could be his day, and announce himself on a big stage.

I have no clue if our player will step up to the mark,but if I was Nunez I'd grab the opportunity with both hands.

Everybody can see the lad can play football.
It's just Peps demands ,in a first season, that can be difficult.

Somebody,...needs to step up and make a real name for themselves....

Let's hope it's sky blue,not rent boy chav blue.

Come on City !

He started Nunes last week. Mate, I simply don't get your point. Pep makes mistakes, they all do. Signing Nunes is among his biggest, and by far the worst player he's bought for City.
Phillips for me. Jury still out on Nunes.

I just want another PL title this season. I don't want Klopp getting his mitts on it, (CC is enough for those wankers)...or captain fucking Scarlett running up and down the side of the pitch.

Won’t be surprised if there is some rotation due to exhaustion but one thing about this fantastic group of players is they know the system and what Pep wants. They rarely let us down whoever’s playing.Chelsea are good team but they’re mid table for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.