FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He started Nunes last week. Mate, I simply don't get your point. Pep makes mistakes, they all do. Signing Nunes is among his biggest, and by far the worst player he's bought for City. 50m. FIFTY FUCKING MILLION. I watched the shite that was Graham Baker, and this fella is literally the walking reincarnation of him. If I'm wrong, great. I spent most of last week wanting to on the pitch to boot the lazty sod up his arse, then he shit the bed for their goal. Bloke is a shocker. A whopper. Best example of his character? His folding like a house of cards when he hot the bird at Wolves, the ickle sausage. Pathetic. Good players rise up to that. He's got Cancelo's depth of character; about 3 inches. I'd sooner play Gomez, and that speaks volumes.
Worse than Phillips ? Not a great signing so far but we can all see the lad has talent. He's an elegant player who can carry the ball forward having said that I'm not sure about his durability and physicality.

Won’t be surprised if there is some rotation due to exhaustion but one thing about this fantastic group of players is they know the system and what Pep wants. They rarely let us down whoever’s playing.Chelsea are good team but they’re mid table for a reason.
If they win their game in hand they will be in 7th (above the rags and only below Newcastle on goal difference). They will pose a real challenge to us today, on a decent run and full of confidence.
I still think we will win but we will have to show the better version of ourselves to do so.

I just don’t see us winning this game.

Pep has an appalling record against the so called top six clubs in semi finals with defeats to Arsenal in 2017 and 2020, Chelsea in 2021 and Dips in 2022.

Podge has a decent record against Pep in knock out competitions.

We have struggled against Chelsea this season and Podge has set them up to disrupt our control.

Our players will be exhausted after Wednesday so I expect a B team with the game against Brighton the priority.

Also, I expect Palmer and Sterling will have a point to prove.

I hope I’m wrong but I’m really struggling for optimism for this one.
It shows.

Pep has an appalling record against the so called top six clubs in semi finals with defeats to Arsenal in 2017 and 2020, Chelsea in 2021 and Dips in 2022.

We have struggled against Chelsea this season and Podge has set them up to disrupt our control.

Our players will be exhausted after Wednesday so I expect a B team with the game against Brighton the priority.

And I hope that you and the 6 miserable fuckers who liked your morose post aren’t sat anywhere near me today

We are 28 games unbeaten (apart from a penalty shoot out), TWENTY FUCKING EIGHT, and just played Real Madrid off the park (almost certainly would have won with a ref who wasn’t a Madrid loving cheat) and you feel the need to post shit like that. Fuck me I bet you’re a right giggle on a night out.

Last edited:
Is "Podge" the nickname you have for Pochettino? That guy who has only ever won trophies in France with PSG...

"Podge" has only ever won 4 games against Pep in 23 meetings. Pep has also won more trophies in the last 12 months than "Podge" has won in his career.

We dominated Chelsea at The Etihad for the majority of the game and the story of our season is not killing teams off. We also dominated the game at Stamford Bridge, Again couldn't kill the game off.

Don't be making out that "Podge" is some sort of messiah against Pep Guardiola as it's simply not the case.

If you don't have faith in this manager and this group of players to get a result against Chelsea there's something not right. This group of players don't need to prove themselves to anybody as they do it time and time again.

No doubt it's going to be a tough game, No need to carry on like we're Wycombe Wanderers wondering how we'll overcome Chelsea.
“Podge” is one of the biggest myths in football - won fuck all, spent hundreds of millions on players and would have been sacked but for a kid developed by Pep, and allows cunts like Mudryk and Jackson to behave like cunts on the pitch. A soulless ballless myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.