FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Too many people on this thread making excuses for not going to the semi final. Semi finals have been at Wembley for 15 years now. This seasons semi finals have been scheduled for Easter weekend since August. A lot of tickets are not dear in todays prices and travel can be free. There are trains if you want one via different routes which work out cheaper than the West Coast line. It's no wonder our support is not respected.

What if people have bought two tickets for Atletico and Liverpool at home in the same week?

That's £200 and, arguably, a crazy amount already when the cost of living is only getting worse.
If it's your passion and hobbie in life you find away .if you watch Crewe Alex it's about £25 a game ,on this occasion£30 with no travel costs carnt be used as an excuse.obviously if you go to every game the costs add up and up but as a one off game you carnt complain about this one ,

As with a lot of debates on Blue Moon it’s clear that there are generational differences here. The oldies are still harking back to a bygone era where semis were played at Villa park or Hillsborough and using cost and travel issues as an excuse for not travelling to Wembley to support the team.

The furore over trains is silly - a very small proportion of fans travel down by train anyway. Those bleating about cost are being disingenuous, my Madrid ticket was £55 - I can get to Wembley and back and watch the semi for less than that. Those moaning about the “nightmare” of travelling to London by coach need to get a grip - 4 or 5 hrs sat down chatting to your mates on your way to a big day out while someone else does the driving is fun.

The opportunity for younger, more enthusiastic and passionate fans to travel down should do wonders for our end at Wembley which on the odd occasion has offered underwhelming backing for the team.
Sometimes I get the train to Wembley. I mainly use the coach these days. I now prefer the coach.

I've found that I get home about the same time using either transport option. That’s because getting back into central London to catch the train North and getting in a taxi at the return station equals out the slower moving coach. I heard the semi final against the rags was an exception with nightmares getting out of the coach park.

Everyone makes choices about going games based on finances, commitments etc. What I don’t get is the occasional poster who thinks they are superior because they are not going. Fair dos if people go or don’t go for their own reasons.

Agree with a lot of your post but I fear that your 5 hours on a coach may turn out to be 8 or more hours mate ! When you go by coach and come of the M1 onto the North Circular, roughly, 3 miles from Wembley if only one team from the North is using the motorway it takes we'll over an hour to get to the stadium. Can you imagine the amount of traffic with no trains running that will be using the motorway !! Also if there's any accidents or hold ups on route the whole M1 or M6 will be car park, its Bank Holiday weekend as well. I actually think there's a fair chance the stadium could be half empty at kick off !
That’s why we are probably going to park up at Wealdstone and get the tube to Wembley. There’s also a social club in Harrow offering free coach parking.

If we're in the final the ticket selling criteria should be looked at in favour of those who went to the semi final
Won’t happen

followed City for best part of 53 years

followed them when we were in division 3

buy season tickets for 4 of us

yet lost out in a ballot for Sergio last game

loyalty is not rewarded

but I will go to the semi watching the best City team I have ever followed

Won’t happen

followed City for best part of 53 years

followed them when we were in division 3

buy season tickets for 4 of us

yet lost out in a ballot for Sergio last game

loyalty is not rewarded

but I will go to the semi watching the best City team I have ever followed
How many tickets went to loyalty points guaranteed

As with a lot of debates on Blue Moon it’s clear that there are generational differences here. The oldies are still harking back to a bygone era where semis were played at Villa park or Hillsborough and using cost and travel issues as an excuse for not travelling to Wembley to support the team.

The furore over trains is silly - a very small proportion of fans travel down by train anyway. Those bleating about cost are being disingenuous, my Madrid ticket was £55 - I can get to Wembley and back and watch the semi for less than that. Those moaning about the “nightmare” of travelling to London by coach need to get a grip - 4 or 5 hrs sat down chatting to your mates on your way to a big day out while someone else does the driving is fun.

The opportunity for younger, more enthusiastic and passionate fans to travel down should do wonders for our end at Wembley which on the odd occasion has offered underwhelming backing for the team.
Well said mate , the no trains scenario is a perfect excuse for some , I always do train but had to do coach for this one , it actually saves me a small fortune going by coach than train. A lot of the excuses are just bollocks

Too many people on this thread making excuses for not going to the semi final. Semi finals have been at Wembley for 15 years now. This seasons semi finals have been scheduled for Easter weekend since August. A lot of tickets are not dear in todays prices and travel can be free. There are trains if you want one via different routes which work out cheaper than the West Coast line. It's no wonder our support is not respected.
Spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.