FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

not all all, i have sympathy with anyone who cannot afford it, but it's 30 quid and a free travel if you really really wanted to go, show me any day out for less than 30 quid.

I bet we wouldnt have struggled if it was a CL Final at Wembley that weekend.

Its killing me money wise but I have just missed a lot of other things out recently to make sure I am there.

Correct in most cases, only thing I was proud of in 36 years of shite was our fans. What the fuck happened to our fans.

We're an ageing fan base. I know when I was younger I would do anything to get to a game. Back then there wasn't wall to wall football and live streams so if you missed it you missed it. All over the country I went to watch us mainly get beat. I was young and fit, could rough it, went with mates and had a blast. Now a lot older the thought of being stuck in traffic on a coach for hours and the same coming back and paying £50+ for a game that if we win; I'll have to do the same journey in a month doesn't appeal. In those old days I would have died happy seeing us win one league cup, now in 14 years we've won 13 trophies and I've been to Wembley countless times.

It's also Easter, families will have made plans and people are getting battered left right and centre with massive rises in the cost of living. If we take 20,000 for such a game 200 miles away we've done brilliantly no matter what the media and Twitter goons say. Fuck them. We're dying off and getting old, tired and medical ailments, it's time for the youngsters to take up the mantle and show the passion we did. After all you've got a much better team to support these days.

If you mean a generational change in society I'd disagree. I'm going but a lot of Blues I know in my age range (67) seem to be swerving this match for various reasons, most of which have already been aired on this thread. I'd throw in some sort of post-pandemic apathy that I've sensed in their comments too.
I am missing this match (and the rest of the season) for medical reasons and am gutted about it. But I would never judge a fellow City fan who has chosen not to go for other reasons. As far as i am concerned most of our fanbase have done the hard yards for decades and have plenty of Brownie points in the bag.
Personally I suspect the main reason some have ducked out is because of the thuggish behaviour of some of Liverpool's feral support who I witnessed behaving like animals at the League Cup Final and the Community Shield. Not everyone with children or elderly family members wants to subject them to the sort of Wembley atmosphere we saw in those two matches (and the Villa one). What happened in the Euros Final will also put some off.

We're an ageing fan base. I know when I was younger I would do anything to get to a game. Back then there wasn't wall to wall football and live streams so if you missed it you missed it. All over the country I went to watch us mainly get beat. I was young and fit, could rough it, went with mates and had a blast. Now a lot older the thought of being stuck in traffic on a coach for hours and the same coming back and paying £50+ for a game that if we win; I'll have to do the same journey in a month doesn't appeal. In those old days I would have died happy seeing us win one league cup, now in 14 years we've won 13 trophies and I've been to Wembley countless times.

It's also Easter, families will have made plans and people are getting battered left right and centre with massive rises in the cost of living. If we take 20,000 for such a game 200 miles away we've done brilliantly no matter what the media and Twitter goons say. Fuck them. We're dying off and getting old, tired and medical ailments, it's time for the youngsters to take up the mantle and show the passion we did. After all you've got a much better team to support these days.
Well said pal.
I couldn't have put it better myself.
(Even if I had wanted to)!!

It takes me all my time to get to home games these days, I'm bloody old and weary, I'll be there tomorrow though.
And me. I used to walk the 2 miles from my house in Newton Heath and then back.
But like you,I have my aches and pains and can't walk that far.
So nowadays as a FOC ,I "let the train take the strain" and get the Metro from Edge Lane and get off right outside the ground. And no mither with looking for parking spots either.
And best of all ,I'll be able to travel for free next season!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.