FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

It’s a shame the bottom 2 blocks will be pretty much empty. I don’t know why these weren’t put on sale straight away…

I'll get slaughtered for this, but I'm not going out of principal, like many City fans.

I refuse to be a continual cash cow for the FA and Wembley.

FA Cup semi-finals should not be played at Wembley. Especially when they involve 2 North West teams 35 miles apart. Old Trafford would have been ideal for both sets of fans.

That aside. The FA knew 18 Months ago about the railway works. But they ignored that and still decided to hold the semi-final at Wembley.

The FA can f*ck off! They're not having my money, time, and inconvenience. I'll save that for the FA Cup Final.(and the CL Final) ;-)

For those of you going, I sincerely hope you all enjoy the day and the result. :-)
I like what you post jrb but disagree.

1, it's £30 if you take the free coach

2, Network Rail engineering works would not be an issue if Clubs from the South, Midlands or the East were involved.
And would you have gone on the train anyway?

3, Rags are at home Easter weekend.

4, There will still be more there than any Club ground can hold.

5, fuck your principles and try get yourself a cheap ticket.
I waited 30 odd years to see City at Wembley in a proper game, sure you are the same.

6, Easter weekend makes it attractive if you have a 4 day weekend off work.

1, it's £30 if you take the free coach
I'm fortunate enough that I'm going and that I can spend that 30 quid, but from experience that 30 quid goes a long way when you're dipping into savings like jrb. Not to mention the additional costs on top of ticket + travel, and if you're bringing kids it can be massively expensive! It is quite cheap in terms of football but not really when your savings are dwindling.

I'll get slaughtered for this, but I'm not going out of principal, like many City fans.

FA Cup semi-finals should not be played at Wembley. Especially when they involve 2 North West teams 35 miles apart. Old Trafford would have been ideal for both sets of fans.

That aside. The FA knew 18 Months ago about the railway works. But they ignored that and still decided to hold the semi-final at Wembley.

The FA can f*ck off! They're not having my money, time, and inconvenience. I'll save that for the FA Cup Final.(and the CL Final) ;-)

For those of you going, I sincerely hope you all enjoy the day and the result. :-)
I think this is what I wanted to write

Thanks you've worded it for me

Good post but no offence I am honestly tired of city fans excuses when these big games come around. It’s our club in the semi final at Wembley in the FA Cup, and against that lot, we are so lucky to be able to go to these games. It pisses me off when we don’t sell out generally but especially Wembley (not charity shield) i am 47 have had a season ticket at Maine rd, missed a few years but still went most home games then had season ticket every year at etihad. I go to a few away games a year but would never miss an important game at Wembley. Like I said it’s our club, one fucking full members cup final for me, we have to be there, our support gets called and that’s why I often feel compelled to go, more so at home to Wycombe on a weds night in the league cup. I am taking my 15 year old lad, on the train, because there are trains despite the bullshit. I’m taking him to Madrid on Wednesday too. The lucky sod I know. Only 3rd euro away. Im not loaded but city is my priority, the wife tells me that often enough! I should really be spending Easter with the wife and other kids but we are football fans, I can’t change. I don’t really like Wembley, I couldn’t get home after Chelsea in LC final, cost me a fortune to stay over last minute and book trains next day, lad missed school etc. I earn average money and no way would I call fans for not going, just like I said the excuses are a bit tiresome.

Why should anyone need an excuse. If you want to go, go. If you don't for (whatever reason) don't.

None of anyone else's business.

I find it odd that there's still a percentage of City fans who get annoyed by what supporters do or don't go these days.

Just go to the game and enjoy it with the people that are there. Yes everyone would like every game to be full, but that's a perfect world and we don't live in that perfect world ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.