Famous relatives.

Arthur Martin-leake was the other surgeon and also another company named after him in the junior medics, the boy Charles Upham needed a restraining jacket for his own safety, a man on a mission, shot multiple times & once captured tried to escape at every opportunity, pushed the boundaries and lived to 86

I remember a soft spoken gentleman but he had a look in his eyes even as an old man he had an air about him. We we are a do and every one in the room showed him absolute reverence. The funny thing was a much younger very very senior officer went to pieces when he was introduced to him and Saluted like he was a raw recruit. Amazing man.

Amongst military men a VC receipitant is held in the highest esteem because they understand this is probably the highest gallantary honour in the world and a double VC is off the scale.

If I live to be 150 I know I will never again meet anyone like Charles Upham.

My wife''s 3x great grandfather was King Rama IV of Siam, the one played by Yul Brynner in The King and I. Which may explain why I am losing my hair. Or not.

a mate of mine's great grandfather (or great, great etc) owned the lions on which the statues in trafalgar square were based.

I have one for blues on both side of the Atlantic...

Lord Fairfax

through whom I am also related to

Robert E. Lee

Last edited:
Second cousin to...........Morrissey. (and then related to Robbie Keane in someway)

And no, never met him.....his dad is a top fella though.

The wife is related to Keith Chegwin somehow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.