FAO Trigger - Hamburg Ticket View

mancmackem

Your lot are going to have a fun time of stewarding the home leg vs Hamburg mate if we have a good chance to get through ;-) What's your views on todays ticketing events pal?

mancmackem said:
Your lot are going to have a fun time of stewarding the home leg vs Hamburg mate if we have a good chance to get through ;-) What's your views on todays ticketing events pal?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFHsSEDiZg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFHsSEDiZg</a>

Problem? I think a few people on here would be interested to hear an MCFC stewards perspective (who is a regular poster) about today and if anything's been discussed in light of the ticketing demand today.

If it was a relatively personal point that i thought nobody else would be interested, i would have pmmed him.

Ok? Or do you want me to come round with a bunch of flowers, a box of milk tray, and an apology also?

Irlamblue said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFHsSEDiZg

Nice :-) They do have a lot of fairweather fans (20k start of Championship campaign for a good half a season a couple of seasons back, 44k promotion game) when I was at uni up there for 4 years. I am actually a born and bred Manc and been back now for 4 years, but that's the story behind my handle.

Personally, I think it was done in good faith but went to cock! Previous rounds tickets were on sale at £15 (not a fortune) yet we couldnt sell out two tiers.

There were many excuses given (many valid, some not) ranging from to far to travel, credit crunch, no beer on sale, game on TV, work, holidays etc etc blah blah. i dont think the club realised how inundated they were going to be.

I do think this will prove to be a positive move in the long term however as Garry Cook (top guy who DOES listen to fans) will no doubt have grasped the concept of how to get a sell out crowd each week. I personally expect season ticket prices will be dropped next season to encourage more regular fans, and I suspect this will be made to enable them to have a more flexable approach to ticket prices for the cup games (and hopefully Europa League)

I know alot on here are frustrated about the way today has gone but can only see it being a god thing long term.

You think they will put extra stewards on/more contingencies mate with rumours that a few fans from other clubs have managed to snap up a few today? I can't see there being too much trouble unless particular fans (rags) are very silly and cheer. As a few blues said who went Shalke and sat in the home end, they had no trouble and was actually a very friendly atmosphere.

just cant see any other fans wanting to turn up for our game, why would they, there will be kids everywhere, and a great atmosphere if we are winning, as for mr cook and co i reckon they will take stock for when they increase the ground capacity

mancmackem said:
You think they will put extra stewards on/more contingencies mate with rumours that a few fans from other clubs have managed to snap up a few today? I can't see there being too much trouble unless particular fans (rags) are very silly and cheer. As a few blues said who went Shalke and sat in the home end, they had no trouble and was actually a very friendly atmosphere.

We have 200 stewards at each game, plus Showsec plus other response teams to call on if needed (woooo) and also the police!

I honestly dont think they would be daft enough to cause trouble, surely if they wanted to do that they would just get a gang together and ambush little Johnny and his mum coming to the game on their own, to show how hard they are. (sorry speaking of personal experiences with rags!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.