Fascinating old Manchester pictures.

View attachment 108175
Withington Scala.
I went with a few friend to watch any random film here back in the day. Elephant Man was on one day and some girl that was with us laughed hysterically all the way through.
Lived near there when it was Cine City and the pub was Withington Ale House with the White Lion bar in the basement.
Now the pub’s a Sainsbury’s and the cinema is a Costa with flats above in a new building.

Whilst the pictures in the link are not as much as a social commentary there are some belters of a long ago Moston

Could have been a working class area of any city in the UK. Treated us all like shite.

Gripping hand, just the one working hand. An upgrade on action man with realistic beard and scar.
The house we were in on Lord lane had two fireplaces. That was the only heat in the house and only one fire was ever lit. The chimney breast in the room above gave off a bit of heat for my sisters.
I got an empty Action Man box for Christmas. My mother told me it was a deserter.

I got an empty Action Man box for Christmas. My mother told me it was a deserter.
oR5-8XKs8G96ti0KoOtf_earl21.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.