Favourite Zabaleta Moment?

My favourite ever City player, and by quite a distance too. Lots of great moments people have mentioned but the one that sticks in my mind was against Everton in the league cup semi-final last season when he took 2 Everton players out at once.
Thanks for reminding me of that, it was indeed the stuff of legends.

Not my favourite moment, but most significant moment involving Zaba. 16th April 2011, F.A. Cup semi final, 71 minutes.

The warrior Zabaleta gets to the ball first, foot a little high yes, but determined and controlled. Then the little ginger pig, a symbol of their dominance since football was invented (but he can't tackle aww) arrives nearly as late as Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes and studs him one straight on the thigh. Instant sending off.

I saw the arrogant little pig slump off down the tunnel, head bowed.
THIS is what I call 'The turning point'. This is the point at which their dominance over us ended, the beginning of their demise ( as opponents started to play against the team and not the name ) the start of us winning trophies in the final and the end of 35 years of hurt.

If Zaba hadn't made this tackle they would have been set up for an attack, 11 men on the pitch and who knows, maybe clawed their way back into the game through a typical deflection.

if anyone deserves a one year extension it is zab. if west ham think he can do a job then i am sure he could stay at city for one more year. sure he would not play that much but he could take coaching course so that in one years time maybe he could help bring on younger players .

Not my favourite moment, but most significant moment involving Zaba. 16th April 2011, F.A. Cup semi final, 71 minutes.

The warrior Zabaleta gets to the ball first, foot a little high yes, but determined and controlled. Then the little ginger pig, a symbol of their dominance since football was invented (but he can't tackle aww) arrives nearly as late as Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes and studs him one straight on the thigh. Instant sending off.

I saw the arrogant little pig slump off down the tunnel, head bowed.
THIS is what I call 'The turning point'. This is the point at which their dominance over us ended, the beginning of their demise ( as opponents started to play against the team and not the name ) the start of us winning trophies in the final and the end of 35 years of hurt.

If Zaba hadn't made this tackle they would have been set up for an attack, 11 men on the pitch and who knows, maybe clawed their way back into the game through a typical deflection.

Mine, too! Zab never really had a moment he had a 'lifetime' but if I had to pick one I'd pick that moment where Dean dealt with the dirty little shit called the Ginger Pig - for obvious reasons - probably the first time in his footballing career he had been dealt with as the Laws of the Game stipulate - and our Zab was central to it, even if it temporarily wounded our warrior!

Had to be his impromptu singing after clinching the title, loves Status quo he does.
There are not many around like Zabba anymore hes come from a different continent and a country with a fierce rivalary with England yet has tottally embraced what our club is about . Loyal to the core with blue blood running through him and the finest right back in our history, enough said

There are no words to adequately describe this man. We'll never have another Zabba, one in a billion.

He came unheralded without the price tag, salary or expectation of the Yaya's of this world. He adapted and for me proved himself for two seasons minimum to be the best full back in the league, factor in his personal affinity and understanding for the club and its fans and the fact he never rocked the boat and you get a bona fide legend. I will miss Yaya for sure, but in the same way I miss Carlito, I will miss Pab in a whole together different way.

Mine, too! Zab never really had a moment he had a 'lifetime' but if I had to pick one I'd pick that moment where Dean dealt with the dirty little shit called the Ginger Pig - for obvious reasons - probably the first time in his footballing career he had been dealt with as the Laws of the Game stipulate - and our Zab was central to it, even if it temporarily wounded our warrior!
Scholes' dismissive look to Dean after he brandishes the card is indicative of that club, almost "my pissed up manager will have you for that"

Twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.