FC Copenhagen - Wed 6th Mar, 20:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Pep playing pretty much close to their best XI but I can also see them cruising along in 2nd gear. It might actually work out that Copenhagen could allow them to have a training session in the guise of a CL knockout match.

This tie isn’t over yet. Some of the City teams being picked are ridiculous. Some of the team selections are near enough resting the whole first team.(that played on Sunday) Pep will make some changes, but he won’t make near enough 11 changes that people are predicting. Pep wants this 2nd leg won convincingly and as early as possible during the match. Then he will make changes during the match.
100% agree but at the same time for me we HAVE to win the next 3 Premier league games if we are to retain the title.

Personally, I’d play something like this to keep players fresh for Anfield, but suspect Pep will go much stronger:

Ortega
Walker
Akanji
Dias
Gvardiol
Kovacic
Lewis
Nunes
Bobb
Doku
Alvarez

Personally, I’d play something like this to keep players fresh for Anfield, but suspect Pep will go much stronger:

Ortega
Walker
Akanji
Dias
Gvardiol
Kovacic
Lewis
Nunes
Bobb
Doku
Alvarez
Nah, too risky. As Pep said, sometimes you need 5 minutes to concede 2 goals like against Pałace or red card and what. We cant ask for unthinkable to happen, cause such blow could broke players and manager for rest of the season too.

We going strong, no doubt, for rhytm and because its UCL tie. When comfortable we have substitutions.

Think we are gonna see like 3 changes than sunday: Alvarez, Akanji, Kovacic/Nunes. Probably Bobb, Lewis, maybe Gvardiol later

He should because it's a dead rubber.
Not if they score the first goal it isn’t!

They’ll be a few changes, and then if we are ahead in the second half, we make widespread substitutions.

Pep knows his best team now and he knows the one for one subs he likes. Liverpool game is definitely in mind, but ensuring we are not defending for our lives for the last 30 mins against Copenhagen is front of mind!

Last edited:
Balls out opening 20 mins from City, get the 1st goal and take the game away from them. Rotate subs accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.