fc inter new owner

afhald

Indonesian billionaire Erick Thohir has become the new majority owner of Inter Milan.

Inter president Massimo Moratti has confirmed that an agreement was signed on Monday night for the sale of 70 per cent of the club's shares to the 43-year-old's consortium.

An official press release has yet to come out of the Italian club, but Moratti was quoted on Italian Eurosport saying that, "Everything has been signed, and there will be an official communication in a few hours.

"This has been a long time coming, but eventually we have gotten there, everything seems to be in balance."

Moratti hinted that he will step down from his role running the club.

“On the role of President, that does not have to be decided yet, but it will depend only on me. There is all the love, but also the relief of leaving the club to respectable people in terms of their character," he said.

“Now I will try to adapt to a new rhythm.”

Thohir is already part owner of the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and MLS side DC United.

Interesting. Not checked Forbes or anything, but did a quick Wiki and he apparently is part of a consortium that bought the Philadelphia 46ers. He is also part owner of DC United and it seems he is a media magnate back in Indonesia.

strongbowholic said:
Interesting. Not checked Forbes or anything, but did a quick Wiki and he apparently is part of a consortium that bought the Philadelphia 46ers. He is also part owner of DC United and it seems he is a media magnate back in Indonesia.
I got most of that information from reading the last sentence in the previous post!

Matty said:
strongbowholic said:
I got most of that information from reading the last sentence in the previous post!
Kinell, I'm a dope! Only read the first line and thought "oh, I wonder who he is?".

His brother is called Garibaldi. Guess that takes the biscuit now?

So basically he's now looking to buy into another team and watch them continue to sell young bright and also established stars and bring in jokes? Especially at Inter where they've already been selling young stars. Both the 76ers in basketball and DC United were once top clubs now looked at as jokes.

strongbowholic said:
Matty said:
strongbowholic said:
Kinell, I'm a dope! Only read the first line and thought "oh, I wonder who he is?".

Absolutely crackers if you ask me, should have bought Nice.

lloydie said:
strongbowholic said:
Matty said:

Absolutely crackers if you ask me, should have bought Nice.
No, I think he settled on the right club.

strongbowholic said:
Matty said:
strongbowholic said:

I work with a bloke called Gary Boldy.

Honestly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.