FC United Thread

All moans and groans on the FCUM boards as fans get excited over potential new signings - and then get disappointed when they go and sign for someone else!
Former City youth player, James Poole, has left Salford City - apparently they have gone full time and he didn't want to. So FCUM fans got all giddy, believing he could sign for them - and why wouldn't he with 'big' crowds who sing songs throughout the game..... only Poole then rained on their parade by signing for Altrincham - a league below FCUM. Oh the hurt! This followed a conversation about how he has obviously only gone for the money and how dare he not consider a season at Broadhurst Park.
This caused one fan to hit a nail firmly on the preverbial head:
''Just a thought, but I've often wondered whether players are actually put off joining the club because of who we are. I know we've always said 'Oh, players should be desperate to join us due to the big crowds etc', but let's face it FC United aren't exactly everyone's cup of tea, to put it lightly. For every Chaddy and Torpey that were happy to ignore the banter, I'm sure there are players who think 'I'm not playing for them red/manc t**ts', and there are enough teams around us who have similar sized crowds nowadays.''
Now the main conversation is around money. Fans are being asked to stump up front season ticket money, including 3 year £1,000 season tickets which will help the club get through a summer with no income but a lot of expense on the ground and on new players. The club wanted 200 fans to pay a grand but only have 50 at the moment who have done so. The club have been awarded £300,000 of funding (from fuck knows where) to renovate the St Mary's Road End bar - but have to match it with £100,000 of their own money to be able to complete it - or they lose the funding. One fan sums up the situation.
Lad and Gramps said ''The times have changed. Fans are no longer enjoying it. The football on the pitch is shite, the atmosphere is crap, and the general feeling around the place is just gloomy. If people don't enjoy it they will stop coming and then revenue will drop even further. Then we wouldn't have a club to support. It's the people like you and me that turn up regardless that are keeping us going.''
mufc....ok said ''well that's pretty doomy in itself. unfortunately it's completely accurate. creditors tend not to accept positivity over banknotes. i called the position as being near-terminal when i saw the figures released in march 2016. whilst costs are finally under control there's another 12+ months of debt built up and the club is still only breaking even, at best. there's still no profit. the st mary's road end money seems unlikely to come through as the board don't have the imagination to make it happen, and if that's the result then it's seems clear to me: the club will implode next season. there's only around £10k in the Development Fund for fuck's sake. and yet you fuckers are all on here talking about what players will come in :lol: :shock: :evil: THERE. IS. NO. FUCKING. MONEY. get used to the idea now and you won't be disappointed in august.''
Geeo replied ''Yep, true enough. Board keep telling us we need cash and buy your season ticket early or preferably a three year one. Not enough of us have done so yet. SMRE bar probably shut at start of season, further loss of income etc. Maybe 200 three year tickets was too big an ask. Thought we'd get more than 50 though.''
mufc...ok replied ''i believe the budget is for 100, the target is 200. the club hasn't come up with any sort of strategy for pushing them, beyond the usual, useless "let's send an email out". er, no-one reads them mate. they were told exactly how to approach something like this in january when the idea was first mooted. not one bit of the suggestion has been taken on. so despite it being fundamental to the club's existence at this point in time, for the last 4 months the sole marketing that's been pursued is "email the membership". it's unbelievable. similarly, we were led to believe last summer and autumn that next season's sponsorship targets would all be in place and aimed to be signed up by last month. the brochure hadn't even been finished by then :roll: there's no main club sponsor in place either. hence the members being asked to dig the club out. apparently though, you're not allowed to whinge cos it affects confidence. well i've bought my 3 year ST and have seen how little effort is going into generating proper cash so, when i've little confidence i'll even get a year out of my "investment" i think it should at least buy me the right to rant on a forum and say "you were fucking told what to do and didn't do it" ''
Meanwhile the top scorer has just up and left and signed a full time contract with rivals Harrogate Town.

I was away the other month and when I returned I noticed a colleague of mine had done a quote for FCUM to carry out some work I've since had a PO off them to do the work hmmm payment up front I think before I set foot in the ground .....
Don't panic, they will weigh you in with season tickets......

It seams a lot of people aren't to happy with the tee shirt being sold , all money's going to the club !!
aaf56ea740f8648bdd3b4ccadd6cbd8f.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.