FC United Thread

When Pallet Park first opened it was a council condition that the Rag Socks could not play on the same day as City were playing at home. Of course they couldn't / wouldn't object to that, they'd agree to anything just to get the ground up and running. Similarly they agreed to have volunteer traffic Marshall's "requesting" fans don't park on side streets blocking locals in.

With their (self) expected 5,000 fans turning up every home game it made sense to keep the clubs apart on match days.
It didn't take long for the moaning to start because the Rag Socks had to wait until the TV fixtures were released to find out if they were playing on a Saturday or Sunday and also mid week cup games for City would impact the Splitters if they had a game that night too.
After their third (maybe fourth) year at Pallet Park they asked the council to drop that condition about playing on alternative dates and the council most likely looked at the crowds they were getting, laughed and then agreed.
The voluntary traffic Marshall scheme fell by the wayside before that.......

I suspect in the unlikely event Pallet Park was hosting Conference games in the near future then the alternative dates could be brought back in. But that's not in my life time
I’ve known you all this time, and I never suspected that you’re the pisscan.

;-)

if anyone’s struggling for Wembley tickets or can’t find somewhere to watch the cup final you can pay just £12 to stand in their ground
And there we have it folks...... the community club, for the people..... funded by Manchester City Council - putting on an event and stating Man United fans only.

Now they couldn't put on an event and ban people from a particular race, sexual orientation or based on their ability / disabilty - yet these fuckers, the bastions of inclusivity and community cohesion, put on a public event and openly state UNITED FANS ONLY.
The fuckers need challenging over this ruling. The thing is, they are so fucking thick to realise they didn't need to put United fans only bit as no self respecting Blue would have gone there to watch the game anyway, but to openly discriminate against City fans flies in the face of their constant bollocks about being a community club. Their ''community'' is laid out right in front of our eyes. Rags only. Funded by Manchester City Council tax payers for the benefit of rags only.

And there we have it folks...... the community club, for the people..... funded by Manchester City Council - putting on an event and stating Man United fans only.

Now they couldn't put on an event and ban people from a particular race, sexual orientation or based on their ability / disabilty - yet these fuckers, the bastions of inclusivity and community cohesion, put on a public event and openly state UNITED FANS ONLY.
The fuckers need challenging over this ruling. The thing is, they are so fucking thick to realise they didn't need to put United fans only bit as no self respecting Blue would have gone there to watch the game anyway, but to openly discriminate against City fans flies in the face of their constant bollocks about being a community club. Their ''community'' is laid out right in front of our eyes. Rags only. Funded by Manchester City Council tax payers for the benefit of rags only.
Need City to do the same open up the Academy ground or even the Etihad. Police wouldn’t allow them to continue with their plans in my opinion.

Need City to do the same open up the Academy ground or even the Etihad. Police wouldn’t allow them to continue with their plans in my opinion.
Agree City should open the mini Etihad - and the thing is City would say in order to apply for tickets you need this requirement - season ticket holder or City membership number etc but City would not say you need to be a City fan only. So no discrimination.
But the Splitters are openly saying to City fans 'fuck off, not welcome here'' And as a so called ''community club'' they have scored an own goal and showed their true colours - not that we ever doubted what they were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.