Fergie: This is Kamikaze

Some more interesting news on the Glazers' sports businesses from Bloomberg.

This latest development comes on the heels of a blow for the Glazers’ NFL franchise, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Poor ticket sales forced a TV black out for the Buccaneers pre-season match against Miami Dolphins. NFL rules demand a TV blackout for a 75-mile radius around a stadium if the game does not sell out 72 hours before kickoff, although occurrences of blackouts are rare. This week’s TV no-show is the first in a run of 261 preseason, regular season and postseason games for the Florida outfit.

High ticket prices – even after a price cuts earlier this year – the poor state of the local economy and years of underachievement following the Buccaneers’ 2002 Super Bowl win have been blamed on the black out. Nevertheless the Glazers’ critics have jumped on the issue as further evidence of mismanagement of their sports empire.

And they have the cheeck to have a go at our spending... They're the last club to lecture anybody on financial management......

He's slagging our owners off the hypocrisy stinks..... I seam to remember not to long ago rags hanging of the railings in the stretford end while Michael (I've no dough) Knighton was doing kick up's on the pitch and they we're all applauding what they thought was a wealthy backer of the club...

What a joke !!

Marvin said:
In May the Red Knights group of wealthy fans announced they had put on hold any plans to bid for United

The fears are they may be gazumped by a Consortium made up of the Sugarplum Fairy and the Soup Dragon

Financially speaking, the Rags are a spent force (poor pun) .... perhaps we should commission some kamikaze headscarfs for the Derby replacing the Japanese Rising Sun with our own Blue Moon Rising .....

Hamann Pineapple said:
Marvin said:
In May the Red Knights group of wealthy fans announced they had put on hold any plans to bid for United

The fears are they may be gazumped by a Consortium made up of the Sugarplum Fairy and the Soup Dragon

PMSL...choked on my chicken and avacoda roll...quality.

If any of our players score against the rags in the derby maybe we should be singing

Kamikazi spending, kamikazi spending.

pskilla said:
They will be OK, they still have that £80m to spend on players don't they?

I read 2 things that made me smile.

Last accounts stated they had £95.5m in cash and the Glazers are allowed to draw....drumroll please.........£95m PA out in cash.

Ta daaaaaa!

the best thing about all this for me is that it can all be traced back to baconface taking on magnier and mcmanus because he thought he was untouchable. they shafted him royally and the fans who feel so passionately about the glazers are so two faced, they have NEVER, for one second, blamed the tramp and his greed in wanting stud fees for the rock of gibraltor.

their legendary manager has just given them 25 glorious years, but may have fucked up the next 25 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.