Ferguson written letter to fans

CheethamHillBlue said:
JM Mcr said:
Having been a Utd fan from the 70s onwards I'm not sure we had any moral high ground to lose to be honest.

Knife thrower?

With regards to your 1st point no, I don't recall any fans making gasping/breathless noises back then.

Fair enough. I'm sure i saw it in the 90's.

On your second point, the "always the victims" chant has been sung since Suarez received his ban but refused to accept any responsibility for his actions. Noone, press and Liverpool fans included, ever commented on it or decried it for mocking Hillsborough until last weekend when, given the context, it was rightly condemned as likely to cause offence.

I don't think the press or anyone else needed to. United fans CLEARLY included Hillsborough along with Heysel, Shields et al. They ONLY said they didn't after the Liverpool fans were cleared. You've called them murderers for years.

Of course, some fans singing it may always have had the Hillsborough tragedy in mind when they did but only they would know if that was the case.

As a gambling man, Fred Done would have paid out on this one already imo.

Btw you really need to stop calling Utd fans wonderful, people may think you're a rag ;-)

I'll use the inverted comments next time to avoid confusion.
surely you can't think he's telling porkies

that doesn't sound like the sort of thing one of their wonderful fans would do?

squirtyflower said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
JM Mcr said:
Having been a Utd fan from the 70s onwards I'm not sure we had any moral high ground to lose to be honest.

Knife thrower?

With regards to your 1st point no, I don't recall any fans making gasping/breathless noises back then.

Fair enough. I'm sure i saw it in the 90's.

On your second point, the "always the victims" chant has been sung since Suarez received his ban but refused to accept any responsibility for his actions. Noone, press and Liverpool fans included, ever commented on it or decried it for mocking Hillsborough until last weekend when, given the context, it was rightly condemned as likely to cause offence.

I don't think the press or anyone else needed to. United fans CLEARLY included Hillsborough along with Heysel, Shields et al. They ONLY said they didn't after the Liverpool fans were cleared. You've called them murderers for years.

Of course, some fans singing it may always have had the Hillsborough tragedy in mind when they did but only they would know if that was the case.

As a gambling man, Fred Done would have paid out on this one already imo.

Btw you really need to stop calling Utd fans wonderful, people may think you're a rag ;-)

If 2 people have differing opinions on something does that mean one's lying?

JM Mcr said:
squirtyflower said:
CheethamHillBlue said:

If 2 people have differing opinions on something does that mean one's lying?
read the post

JM Mcr said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
JM Mcr said:
Thanks for the honest reply. I'm going to change one of the questions regarding the Hillsborough banner. I remember reading in a paper about 1990 that United fans at Old T were making noises akin to being crushed, short of breath in matches against Liverpool. Were you a fan then and do you know anything about this?
As for the last one, i read on The Republik of Mancunia that United don't sing that chant about Hillsborough but because it states 'Always' and 'Never', it is obviously not just aout Suarez.
Please tell me how any United fan can differentiate between, Hillsborough, Heysel, Micheal Sheilds when RM clearly states it is because of Heysel and Shields.
Liverpool fans paid the penalty for Heysel.
Sheilds received a royal pardon.
Liverpool fans were fully exonerated at Hillsborough.
How can RM and United fans now choose which tragedy relates to your ditty when the song clearly states ALWAYS the victim, NEVER your fault?
Personally, i believe your wonderful fans HAVE sung this about Hillsborough AND Heysel but due to the recent findings, have tried to save face.
Bearing in mind the sh1te we get due to the idiots who sing about Mun1ch, i think the moral high ground has been well and truly lost by your fans.

Are you part of the Glazer's Roadshow? You seem to want to rebuke anything a City fan says about United, on a City Forum. It's quite strange you know, I'm still trying to get my head around how much effort you put in.

'Always the Victims' isn't in question, United fans sang it to make a point; it was that obvious. As a former match going fan I'm amazed you don't know what your fans mean. Well done for sticking up for them though, you are a shining light.

The Future's Blue said:
JM Mcr said:

Are you part of the Glazer's Roadshow? You seem to want to rebuke anything a City fan says about United, on a City Forum. It's quite strange you know, I'm still trying to get my head around how much effort you put in.

'Always the Victims' isn't in question, United fans sang it to make a point; it was that obvious. As a former match going fan I'm amazed you don't know what your fans mean. Well done for sticking up for them though, you are a shining light.

Sorry just ban the fu**er....................... we would'nt last 5 minutes on one of their forums, no matter how "sensible" our posts were..........anyone want to support my campaign to be a mod, maybe a bit too right wing

The Future's Blue said:
JM Mcr said:

I was asked a question so answered it.

As for Utd fans singing that song at the Wigan game I condemned it and said it was inexcusable in that particular thread.

bored at work said:
quiet_riot said:
City Raider said:
@mikekeeganmen: SAF: "Today is about much more than not blocking gangways. Today is about
thinking hard about what makes United the best club in the world."

Oh do fuck off, Fergie-Clown.

And if the rag scum sing that song tomorrow, there will be trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.