Fernandinho - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's honestly astounding that once again this club has refused to cement its dominance. We knew Fernandinho couldn't play twice a week much longer, and that he was frequently exposed by teams in the CL (and Liverpool). A replacement should have been the number 1 priority. It will become a blueprint for other teams to just press him and essentially guarantee chances created.

I think a few here are making out Jorginho to be something he wasn't. He is a pass-picking playmaker, not some hard-nosed, press-resistant tackler who can carry our midfield and shore up in front of the back 4. He is also (from what I've seen) pretty slow, so likely to be skinned by a pacey attacking midfield opponent. Translated: no Fernandinho replacement (and wasn't intended to be).

We can try buying someone in Jan (we will pay a pretty penny but that's life), but we have a lot of important games this calendar year so we need an alternative to Fern. I would try out Stones and (when fit) Danilo, before plumping for Gundogan. You could try Delph, but as we saw yesterday (which was a virtual replica of his Old Trafford faux last year), he is prone to mistakes under pressure also

Last edited:
Can't even be upset at his performances, it was inevitable. He turns 34 next year & is fresh off another World Cup disappointment. His levels were bound to drop.

Txiki simply should've sealed the Jorginho deal instead of haggling like an idiot. He walks into our team.

I think a few here are making out Jorginho to be something he wasn't. He is a pass-picking playmaker, not some hard-nosed, press-resistant tackler who can carry our midfield and shore up in front of the back 4. He is also (from what I've seen) pretty slow, so likely to be skinned by a pacey attacking midfield opponent. Translated: no Fernandinho replacement (and wasn't intended to be).

We can try buying someone in Jan (we will pay a pretty penny but that's life), but we have a lot of important games this calendar year so we need an alternative to Fern. I would try out Stones and (when fit) Danilo, before plumping for Gundogan. You could try Delph, but as we saw yesterday (which was a virtual replica of his Old Trafford faux last year), he is prone to mistakes under pressure also
Bizarre post. Busquets isn't a hard nosed tackler & can be skinned by pacy attackers as well. Guess Pep wouldn't want him either.

Can't even be upset at his performances, it was inevitable. He turns 34 next year & is fresh off another World Cup disappointment. His levels were bound to drop.

Txiki simply should've sealed the Jorginho deal instead of haggling like an idiot. He walks into our team.
Txiki agreed the deal ,everything was agreed with player ,club and agent so why was he haggling like an idiot ,idiot

Txiki agreed the deal ,everything was agreed with player ,club and agent so why was he haggling like an idiot ,idiot
In a way I wonder if we’ll change our stance of fairly publicly briefing the press on players we want, which we seem to do. I wonder if we will allow teams to out bid us for targets we’ve chased for a long time. If several teams did this , for one of our targets each, what would we do?

Apart from the idiot bit, has to agree with the original post imo. Someone as experienced as Txiki should have known the volatility of the market and should have had a back up planned for such an important position in our squad. Genuinely hope it doesn't cost us this season.

He is playing to much. And has been playing like this for a while. We could really use that Ndombele guy, played very well. But, so did Bakayoko against us and look at him now.

ffs. Explain exactlt why Txiki was an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.