Ferran Soriano: City positioning themselves as “club of the future”

But don't you feel like City would need to "convert" die hard rags over to truly grow the local fan base? That's going to take a good long while, especially given the tribal nature of supporters (is not as ingrained here in the states) and it it starts with young people, so takes years to blossom. I suppose you could be converting the casual Manc football fan to a more rabid one, but I'd assume that bandwagoning impact would already have happened given the championships Utd won.[/QUO keep theday prices down
Perhaps what I meant rather than expanding the fan base was neglecting the local fan base, I'm sure we all know life long Blues who could not or would not pay up to £50 for a ticket.
I just wonder if the club could do more locally than they do globally.
You are correct .The weather is crap it Wed night tickets against WBA or Burnley or Stoke ect £50 plus Should you buy a ticket for you and your missus ans nipper or stay in and watch it on telly .?now if tickets were more reasonable more people might be tempted .i realise acording to those in the know we supposedly sell out every game .but many many season ticket holders resell there tickets .many with comps dont turn up and agencies selling tickets on behalf of City usualy seem to have many left, thus resulting in empty seats most games .More control should be brought to bare on who gets comps and fail to attend and agencies who dont sell thete quoator as at the right price many more local City fans would buy a ticket and attend as the Burnley and Basel game showed

Naby Keita:
"I hope, however, that I have the level in two, three years and could play for one of the very big clubs," Keita added.

"This includes Barcelona, but it also includes Real Madrid or Manchester City."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...its-he-would-like-to-play-for-manchester-city

Dybala:
“When I play with the Playstation, I always choose Barcelona or Manchester City," he told Guerin Sportivo. "I dream to play one day with one of those clubs."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...dream-of-joining-barcelona-or-manchester-city

;)
Quite sure Fabinho said something similar.

Perhaps what I meant rather than expanding the fan base was neglecting the local fan base, I'm sure we all know life long Blues who could not or would not pay up to £50 for a ticket.
I just wonder if the club could do more locally than they do globally.
Good point. Cheaper tickets are the way forward, not just for our club either.

You are correct .The weather is crap it Wed night tickets against WBA or Burnley or Stoke ect £50 plus Should you buy a ticket for you and your missus ans nipper or stay in and watch it on telly .?now if tickets were more reasonable more people might be tempted .i realise acording to those in the know we supposedly sell out every game .but many many season ticket holders resell there tickets .many with comps dont turn up and agencies selling tickets on behalf of City usualy seem to have many left, thus resulting in empty seats most games .More control should be brought to bare on who gets comps and fail to attend and agencies who dont sell thete quoator as at the right price many more local City fans would buy a ticket and attend as the Burnley and Basel game showed
Absolutely spot in mate. I've been saying this a while now. The club should stop agencies from getting tickets to sell on at extortionate prices.

I understand the need/desire to keep ticket prices down . . . but shouldn't a business putting a much better quality product into the market be looking to NOT cut ticket prices?

That's a rhetorical. In the end I would assume City follow the lead of other sports teams and the airline industry in yield management and begin to use dynamic pricing more aggressively, where the prices per seat change more flexibly between on-sale date and event date depending on the opponent, time of day, competition, etc. I know that exists to a certain degree already.

Incidentally, American football and basketball tickets are more expensive than City tickets even for cheap seats. There's also no such thing as hospitality -- suites are private. And for $80 US I can get a decent, not close to great, seat for hockey, and not at premium times or against premium opponents. Baseball $80 gets you a pretty good seat for many teams (but each plays 162 games a year).

Just an observation -- I recognize its apples and oranges.

Number 1 spot off the pitch incoming. CL success would be huge I hope we can do it but so tough.

I understand the need/desire to keep ticket prices down . . . but shouldn't a business putting a much better quality product into the market be looking to NOT cut ticket prices?

That's a rhetorical. In the end I would assume City follow the lead of other sports teams and the airline industry in yield management and begin to use dynamic pricing more aggressively, where the prices per seat change more flexibly between on-sale date and event date depending on the opponent, time of day, competition, etc. I know that exists to a certain degree already.

Incidentally, American football and basketball tickets are more expensive than City tickets even for cheap seats. There's also no such thing as hospitality -- suites are private. And for $80 US I can get a decent, not close to great, seat for hockey, and not at premium times or against premium opponents. Baseball $80 gets you a pretty good seat for many teams (but each plays 162 games a year).

Its horses for courses many local fans cant aford or wont pay £50 plus for some of the games .putting prices up will drive more fans away.Sponsorship and Comercial activities bring in alot more than ticket sales .we get alot of money from corporate hospitality so there is ways we can bring prices down.and hopefully reduce the number of empty seats

Another issue that the club need to consider is how to get already established City fans to attend games on a regular basis. I used to have a season ticket but due to working shifts it doesn't work for me anymore and as such I pick and choose what games I attend. However I have a couple of good friends who are blues and have been for over 40 years, they both live for the next match and football is everything to them. BUT neither one of them attend more than 3 or 4 games a season even though they have no family, work or financial restrictions to contend with. The main reason is the availability of streams where they can watch from the comfort of home. We need to find a way to entice these fans back on a regular basis.

Another issue that the club need to consider is how to get already established City fans to attend games on a regular basis. I used to have a season ticket but due to working shifts it doesn't work for me anymore and as such I pick and choose what games I attend. However I have a couple of good friends who are blues and have been for over 40 years, they both live for the next match and football is everything to them. BUT neither one of them attend more than 3 or 4 games a season even though they have no family, work or financial restrictions to contend with. The main reason is the availability of streams where they can watch from the comfort of home. We need to find a way to entice these fans back on a regular basis.

Why? No offence but those guys have reached a time in their life where they have decided to support the blues in a different way. No issue with that. I have no doubt every fan has considered or done it at some point.

Not sure what more the club can do to entice fans. If having the best manager, playing the best football and being 13 points clear of your rivals can not entice you, when you have no family or financial restrictions as a barrier, Its more likely those people are not as interested are have entered a different period in their life

It’s not the quality of the product but the number of games that’s the issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.