Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
I can understand its been a pretty hard week for you so I'll go easy on you as I'm in a good mood this afternoon ;-)
I (and a number of others from the PM's I've received today) have laughed as we have watched you attempt to reverse out of the Cul-de-sac you gleefully drove yourself into some time ago. However you reap what you sow...

I also prefer to discuss and debate City with like minded posters who actually do go to the stadium and watch the games for real - not from a comfy armchair somewhere overseas so I guess that kinda counts you out fella!

Oh and whilst I'm here please stop sending me PM's - as you have probably noticed I don't read them when that are from you.
Have a nice day 'Mr Appointment' ;-)
We've had this conversation before, but can you leave out the personal stuff please. Debate the issue by all means, but do it without the personal shite. Thanks.

I think next season the priority is to find a replacement for yaya. The reality is that a hard working team, especially in midfield will get you quite far nowadays are this city team is no where near amongst the hardest working. Yaya just doesn't have the legs/attitude to do the defensive work that is required, especially in europe.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

I don't agree that our signings since Txiki arrived have been bad or a waste of money at all. They're all obviously good players and nobody thought otherwise before they signed if memory serves. I think it's more to do with the team as a whole going through a bad patch due to form/tactics/niggling injuries/World Cup hangover/confidence - whichever of the above you care to agree with...

If the whole team were playing really well but any one of the new signings were playing badly and failing to make a mark, then you would be able to concede that that particular player was not for us. But that's not the case, I think it's unfair to single out any player, new or old at the moment, almost all of them are letting themselves down.

I personally think it's a perfect storm of all the points I listed above, and if I had any idea how to solve it then I wouldn't be sat here now on this wage!

What I reckon I do know is that the easiest one to remedy is to stop playing tactics that the scum abandoned approximately a decade ago.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
I wouldn't give these guys another penny to spend.

Soriano has taken us from losing £190 MIL to breaking even as that's his job what exactly do you think he has done wrong ?

blueparrot said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:

Soriano has taken us from losing £190 MIL to breaking even as that's his job what exactly do you think he has done wrong ?
Well done to him, good to know he's doing the job he's payed well enough for. As for the other lad...do you actually think the money he has spent has been good value? That's what I'm talking about, you know this but trying to be smart arse. Missed out on players that would have brought us to the next level yet threw money at plodders. I watch football not the financial times.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
blueparrot said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:

Well done to him, good to know he's doing the job he's payed well enough for. As for the other lad...do you actually think the money he has spent has been good value? That's what I'm talking about, you know this but trying to be smart arse. Missed out on players that would have brought us to the next level yet threw money at plodders. I watch football not the financial times.

It annoys me when they are talked about as a pair who do the same job. They should be judged on their separate jobs. As for tkixi I don't think he can be judged for another couple of years when he can operate without FFP and when the the results of his main job which was to produce players from the academy are known, and looking at the EDS and U18 results he seems to be doing OK.
I do trust Khaldoun and the owner to act if they think somebody is failing.

blueparrot said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
blueparrot said:

It annoys me when they are talked about as a pair who do the same job. They should be judged on their separate jobs. As for tkixi I don't think he can be judged for another couple of years when he can operate without FFP and when the the results of his main job which was to produce players from the academy are known, and looking at the EDS and U18 results he seems to be doing OK.
I do trust Khaldoun and the owner to act if they think somebody is failing.
Well for me he hasn't spent wisely with what he's been entrusted with so far, must be near £200,000,000 so far and arguably not one solid core player out of it....at least with the money the red shite blew they got a player of Di Maria's calibre. We have missed targets such as him, Hazard, Sanchez, Isco to name but a few because we wouldn't go the extra mile and ended up with stocking fillers instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.