Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get that. Still also can’t understand why we are doing this now and not at the end of the season.
Mostly to do with the fact that Torres wants out. We have reiterated time and again that we will let a player leave (if they want to) if a decent price comes in.

Mostly to do with the fact that Torres wants out. We have reiterated time and again that we will let a player leave (if they want to) if a decent price comes in.

Not sure. If a player wants out then sure they can leave at the end of the season. If Bernardo wanted out still I doubt City would sell mid season regardless if the asking price was met by the buying club. We are only talking about a 5 month period.

Not sure. If a player wants out then sure they can leave at the end of the season. If Bernardo wanted out still I doubt City would sell mid season regardless if the asking price was met by the buying club. We are only talking about a 5 month period.
Bernardo is first choice, in world class form and vastly experienced.
Torres is as about indespensible as they come, hes not 1st choice in any position and we shoe horned him upfront and he scored a few goals.

He is now coming off the back of a bad injury and we have the chance to get cash in the bank to sort out other deals.

Bernardo is first choice, in world class form and vastly experienced.
Torres is as about indespensible as they come, hes not 1st choice in any position and we shoe horned him upfront and he scored a few goals.

He is now coming off the back of a bad injury and we have the chance to get cash in the bank to sort out other deals.
Thought we already had money sorted for the other deals . Remember we didn’t buy Kane so we have that money

Thought we already had money sorted for the other deals . Remember we didn’t buy Kane so we have that money
I dont think we are struggling but if we are thinking we want to go for X, Y and Haaland next summer then we need to get cash in.

Everyone keeps talking about us doing them a favor, you can flip that and Barca are doing us a favor by getting us 55m to put through the books ahead of a summer where we want to get Haaland.

Laporta probably doesn't want Real to get him so if us getting this money means we can get him then everyone wins.

Sad to see him go, but wish him all the best.

I think he's talented and could have built a career with us. But it would take a little time and, like everyone, would be subject to rotation and intense competition.

I can absolutely see why he wants to go somewhere where he's likely to get more game time, why he wants to be in Spain and the draw of Barcelona, however poor they've been so far this season.

He's been honest about what he wants, hasn't caused any trouble or disruption in the dressing room, an offer's come in that the club find acceptable, and we have several players in the squad who can fill the gap he'll leave.

I'd have liked to see what he could have done with us, but Pep's right - no point in keeping someone who wants to go.

This boy will be worth 150m in five years time, watch this space
Are you expecting the world's financial markets to collapse and inflation rates to go crazy?
Hes a top player and I'll be sorry to see him go but even I don't think he's going to be up there with the best in the world.

Are you expecting the world's financial markets to collapse and inflation rates to go crazy?
Hes a top player and I'll be sorry to see him go but even I don't think he's going to be up there with the best in the world.
He has a lot of potential but Barca are a mess. Xavi has a huge job on his hand with an old squad, huge wage bill and not a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.