FIFA Asia's female representative can't name current world champions

I'm With Stupid

Another example of FIFA electing people based on anything other than the ability to do the job.

Fifa's newly elected female representative for Asian football has been criticised for struggling to name the current women's world champions.

Bangladeshi Mahfuza Akhter Kiron overcame Australia's prominent women's football campaigner Moya Dodd 27-17 in Monday's vote to secure the win.

Asked by BBC World Service to name the current Women's World Cup holders, Kiron named USA at the third attempt.

It was an indictment of the system within football politics that allows under-qualified people to rise to positions of huge power and influence.

I'll be honest, I had to guess it, but then I'm not applying for a job at FIFA.

I couldn't name the mens.

And I've forgotten who won the PL last season and I'm buggered to name the top two this season. Mind, FICKFUFA football politics? They are probably taking their lead from the BBC. The round up now on a Saturday afternoon is stuffed with female 'broadcasters'! I'd like to know how many of them ever played for a girls' or women's team or still do. I could imagine the furore if a similar number of fellahs were injected into the FAWSL to report on matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.