Final test

Gelsons Dad

England: KP Pietersen (Hampshire, capt), AN Cook (Essex), AJ Strauss (Middlesex), IR Bell (Warwickshire), PD Collingwood (Durham), A Flintoff (Lancashire), TR Ambrose (Warwickshire, wkt), SC Broad (Nottinghamshire), SJ Harmison (Durham), JM Anderson (Lancashire), MS Panesar (Northamptonshire).

I like the idea of five bowlers as Broad is still learning the ropes and i guess if Harmy is having a good day we would only need monty to hold up one end and let freddy and jimmy do spells with harmy from the other.

I wouldn't have KP as captain but he is so i hope he does well. I expect us to be very aggressive in the field and with bell back at 3 I don't see the batting as too much of a weakness.

I would have put Broad higher up in the order to let him know where his future lays.

I think Broad's future lies in County Cricket, i don't see what everyone is raving about. If Harmison is back then where's Simon Jones? Also it's our batting that's let us down so we bring in an extra bowler for the last test.

Apart from that, bring it on! ;)

You only need to take 4 or 5 wickets and you have broken the back of England, with South Africa it is 6 or 7.

The Oval is usually a good batting track, with Andrew at six England are very much up against it.

Broad should be in at 6 for the time being, it will ease up the pressure on him taking wickets and allow him time to mature

Broad should be the longterm replacement for fred. Batting looks good and bowling will improve, he seems like a lad thats willing to put the effort in to get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.