Finsbury Park mosque attack

You don't have to be brainwashed to do these things, western culture has always seen acts like this, kamikaze pilots, suicide bombers or attacks like Finsbury Park where escape is almost impossible, as the acts of a brainwashed zealot or a mentally deranged individual. We do it to comfort ourselves, nothing more.

This guy was motivated, find out where he got his motivation and address that, we won't because it will take us to uncomfortable places. That's why we reach for the mental illness tag and it is a profound injustice to the victims.

When was the last time the west had kamikaze pilots or suicide bombers at the rate the Islamic world does, in fact has it ever been a serious issue?

Point to me where in western society there are preachings that match the shite Anjem Choudary and his followers comes out with? The far right in this country get nowhere near supporting ISIS and thus the brainwashing to commit acts like today doesn't happen.

Jo Cox's murderer and this guy aren't part of a plotting network like those on the opposite side are; that's my point. They've become obsessed and deluded with their own hatred and are far more insular, whether they're mentally ill or not.

However despite both crimes coming about due to different ways of thinking, I will say it doesn't make their crimes any better or worse, both this **** today and Abedi are utter scumbags and it's a pity I don't believe in hell when it comes to the pair of them.

You like the use of the word zealot. This loser today - what a twat putting his bitterness over being there for his 3/4 kids for the next twenty years, not to mention attacking innocents. Believe it was a grandfather who died.

You love pointing over there, over there, anything to avoid the point It's all you ever do.

You love pointing over there, over there, anything to avoid the point It's all you ever do.

Didn't even read your post mate. Just saw zealot and made my point. Sad sad day. Let's hope there is not another attack any time soon and we can have a period of calm in the country.

You don't have to be brainwashed to do these things, western culture has always seen acts like this, kamikaze pilots, suicide bombers or attacks like Finsbury Park where escape is almost impossible, as the acts of a brainwashed zealot or a mentally deranged individual. We do it to comfort ourselves, nothing more.

This guy was motivated, find out where he got his motivation and address that, we won't because it will take us to uncomfortable places. That's why we reach for the mental illness tag and it is a profound injustice to the victims.

Maybe from here...?

DCqtbePWAAA59n8.jpg

What does life actually mean? You serve about 12 to 15 years and are monitored for the rest of your life?
Sort of. It means you will always be on licence and subject to recall at any time after your release (e.g. If you commit another offence, even a relatively trivial one) and that you will not be eligible for parole until you've reached the minimum term set by the Judge. Twelve year minimum terms for adults after a trial simply don't get handed out these days; fifteen year terms are extremely rare. Most minimum sentences for murder are well north of twenty years these days - over thirty if a gun is involved. Being released after serving half your sentence doesn't apply if you've been given a life sentence, which are set out differently, as above.

In reality prisoners are rarely released when they reach the point where they are first eligible for parole. Many prisoners are never released irrespective of the minimum term because they are still considered dangerous.

For the benefit of Blue Llama

There is a (medical & legal) distinction between Mental Illness and Personality Disorder.

PD is usually caused through genetics and it's a disorder not an illness.
It can be made worse by ones environment, so it would be very easy to tip someone over the edge in the wrong environment.

you will find a lot of serious crimes, especially sexual ones are committed by people with PD, a lot of them end up in psychiatric hospitals (even though there's no treatment) and placed on the a section.
it's a lot harder to be released from a MHA section than released from prison if you know what I mean.

most people with mental illness are terrified of leaving there own home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.