First Away Game

Blackburn Away, April 1995, the season they won the Premier League. Looked like we'd given the rags a helping hand, but Rovers held on for the title! Seem to remember it was their only home defeat that season...? I remember Hendry scoring a screamer (of course), but we fought back to win 3-2 (I remember Curle penalty and the Walsh winner, but not sure who scored the 2nd...)
One of the defining games of my childhood, that. Incredible match. We’d just moved house from Manchester to Chesterfield, and my new best mate in school also happened to be from a family of Blues. They’d just got Sky and it was probably the first game I ever watched on it.

Second goal was Rosler, who also hit the bar on 85 minutes. Absolutely shredded nerves at the end but that was a result that was considering the table - and fortunately still didn’t stop them beating the rags to the title. Brilliant evening.

Someone has uploaded them to YouTube. Has Alan Parry on the commentary rather than Ian Darke as on the live Sky broadcast and the season review video but still one I can watch over and over.

Was also at the aforementioned Baggies away in 1997. Great performance, great day, amazing atmosphere. We may not have been any good back then but they were some fun times.

That was the one where we had 2 players sent off wasn't it, I seem to remember the City fans singing '9 men, you couldn't beat 9 men' at the end .Was one of those who got an 'early bath 'our keeper, Andy Dibble ?
There were loads of good away days at Loftus Road, there was normally decent away support, good atmosphere and (even when we were a bit shit) we got a few results down there.
I had to watch it on YouTube after reading this, the only thing I remembered was the ball smashing in Walsh's face but as soon as I saw the footage it came flooding back. I loved that team, Horton had us playing some nice stuff.

One of the defining games of my childhood, that. Incredible match. We’d just moved house from Manchester to Chesterfield, and my new best mate in school also happened to be from a family of Blues. They’d just got Sky and it was probably the first game I ever watched on it.

Second goal was Rosler, who also hit the bar on 85 minutes. Absolutely shredded nerves at the end but that was a result that was considering the table - and fortunately still didn’t stop them beating the rags to the title. Brilliant evening.

Someone has uploaded them to YouTube. Has Alan Parry on the commentary rather than Ian Darke as on the live Sky broadcast and the season review video but still one I can watch over and over.

Was also at the aforementioned Baggies away in 1997. Great performance, great day, amazing atmosphere. We may not have been any good back then but they were some fun times.
This was my second away game, and I went to that game on my own as a 14yr old with Official Supporters Club using my free travel from winning the raffle previously. Told my Mum I was going with my mate (which I always did normally,) got back in town about 11pm Bank Holiday Monday no buses running and no money in my pocket. That was an interesting journey home to Moston. My Mum killed me when I got in gone midnight, she'd been on the phone to my mate's Dad who told him his son hadn't gone so I was on my own. Mad days.

Manchester Derby 2001
On a work jolly, home end hospitality, watched Alfie Haaland get assaulted, and jumped up when Stevie Howey equalised (and didn't get thrown out)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.