Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

No, that's not going to be the case ... the weekend schedule is Friday night game to Monday night game max ... and that gameweek is weekend slot so most games will be Sat/Sun, and if any two get stretched, they'd be Fri and Mon night games.

Last season, there was the weekend fixtures (when we played Everton on Sat on 31st) and then there was the next gameweek for midweek games, that's the one that can be Tue/Wed/Thu and we played on Thu 5th ...

This time that mid-week is free. Last year we had extra gameweeks scheduled in mid-weeks due to stretched timetable to fit in the WorldCup in the middle of the season.

PL defines gameweeks, then TV picks them up in slots within each gameweek. Weekend gameweeks are Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon ... and mid-week gameweeks are Tue-Wed-Thu ... that midweek is FREE for PL!
Thanks for that. It makes total sense.
Now hopefully we don't make an early exit from the Carabao and the problem of when to play that game disappears anyway!

the PL have 5/7 on their website for confirming Aug/Sept fixtures. Why the hell can they not stick to that?

the PL have 5/7 on their website for confirming Aug/Sept fixtures. Why the hell can they not stick to that?

Except that they don't ...

See this:

Except that they don't ...

See this:
It is correct that they DON''T have the release dates on their page.
I distinctly recall them saying that, though. (I put the date in my diary a while ago, and I know other people who did the same)
I suspect they have deleted the page.
It is poor, but can't say I am surprised. they start as they mean to go on.

It is correct that they DON''T have the release dates on their page.
I distinctly recall them saying that, though. (I put the date in my diary a while ago, and I know other people who did the same)
I suspect they have deleted the page.
It is poor, but can't say I am surprised. they start as they mean to go on.

They never had one for this year, people have confused last year's one for that, which is still up.

What also didn't help was OSC copied those last year's dates, changed year on them and sent out to 353 branches saying that's this year's dates sent to them by PL ... which was all wrong, but people just believe them blindly ...

Just come and check this thread, and first post / first page for any fixtures and I always have the latest up-to-date info on that calendar.

I think the confusion (me included) is because they still have last year’s TV picks dates on the website.

Either way, the ‘six week commitment’ would mean they should be out today.

Yes, August should be out today. As tomorrow is exactly six weeks to the fixture that's not been sorted for TV yet. (Newcastle H game).

As per their own (almost hidden) statement in one of the press releases, expect only the two remaining fixtures of August to be decided today. And for Sept probably give it another two weeks. See expected TV pick dates for each month (in yellow) on the calendar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.