Flavour of the month?

Kingsizeblueslims

Reading the footballing press today, it seemed that they are changing their attitude to what is happening at City. Whereas, up until now, we were being slagged off as 'moneybags City' buying a championship winning side, the unveiling of the plans for the Etihad Campus has, all of a sudden, seen them all falling over themselves to praise what we are doing. Don't you just love the British press.

Our model is based on Barcelona's, a club who can't do any wrong according to the world's press. So of course we're going to get good coverage!

In a few years time, the rags will be making up excuses for our success with statements like "well you just copied Barcelona... no originality" guaranteed.

You can only fight the ocean for so long before you get swept up.

I guess they've realised their efforts are futile.

On a related matter was in the pub last night when two blokes started talking about the new training facilities.

Bloke A - 'They're just killing football aren't they'
Bloke B - (mumbling a bit because he knew I was eavesdropping) 'Yeah'
Bloke A - 'No seriously, they are literally killing football'
Bloke B - (surrepticiously pointing at me) 'Shh, he's one of them'

Beggars belief the ignorance that is out there.

We're still getting bashed - see media's response to Mancini's possibly misinterpreted "not enough players" comment. Widescale mockery and outrage.

I think some of the tabloids can't let it go but most of the quality pages, not just from here but around the world (whouda thought it) seem to realize that Sheikh Mansour is here to stay and he means business, not like Abramovich, or even better, the Glazers...haha.

Oh happy day!

"Aah aah, woah oah, gonna get along without you now..."

They'll never be our friends again, no matter how nice they might be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.