Fleet Street

MattRGF

After reading about how Adam aka theo got on the wick of Gordon Taylor and how it got on the Guardian website, I noticed how a few people in each of the threads said that certain website journalists come on this very forum to get information or news or to "copy and paste" comments/posts into their own website.

Firstly, is this actually true and can someone give me some examples? Maybe some keywords in threads that I can do a search with?

Secondly, if the news (whatever it is/was) is posted on here before most media outlets, where is that source from? Do certain posters on this forum have inside links with City? Are certain posters here actually working inside City and are open to such news/gossip?

Thirdly, if journo's do come on here and scour the forum looking for things to help them with their "research", then why the hell haven't any of them mentioned the good relations between Hamburg & City fans before, during and after the UEFA Cup ties? Or am I foolish to think that the press actually care about these positive stories?

Cheers

MattRGF said:
After reading about how Adam aka theo got on the wick of Gordon Taylor and how it got on the Guardian website, I noticed how a few people in each of the threads said that certain website journalists come on this very forum to get information or news or to "copy and paste" comments/posts into their own website.

Firstly, is this actually true and can someone give me some examples? Maybe some keywords in threads that I can do a search with?

Secondly, if the news (whatever it is/was) is posted on here before most media outlets, where is that source from? Do certain posters on this forum have inside links with City? Are certain posters here actually working inside City and are open to such news/gossip?

Thirdly, if journo's do come on here and scour the forum looking for things to help them with their "research", then why the hell haven't any of them mentioned the good relations between Hamburg & City fans before, during and after the UEFA Cup ties? Or am I foolish to think that the press actually care about these positive stories?

Cheers

There's a lot of idiots that come on here and post unsubstantiated rubbish (normally have very thew posts). Personally it wouldn't surprize me if it wasn't actually the press coming on here and posting shite that they make up. So they can then claim that there source is of some random football forum and not get in trouble for printing bullshit in the papers themselfs.

positive stories about fans getting on with each other, doesnt sell papers Matt. If we were beating the shit out of each other on th e streets of Hamburg and Manchester, the journos would be tripping over each other to get it on the front page

We know that Daniel Taylor of the Guardian comes on here for stories.

At least two he has picked up are the Gordon Taylor one (Adam says he didn't send it to the papers) and there was a story from one of the training reports where SWP and others were reported by one of the people who watch training to be singing "We've got Robinho". This also turned up in the Guardian. See page 14 of this thread: http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=111941

He lifted the reports of the Fans Forum off here as well.

There was a more controversial episode last season, before the OT derby, where Taylor reported that City fans had been singing "We're all going to the golden jubilee..." at the West Ham game. No one at the game heard it so his editor was challenged. The editor first said he's heard it at the match, then he's heard it in a pub, then finally he'd been told it had been sung in a pub. It appears that Taylor was actually in the Middle East with the United team so couldn't have heard it anywhere. The most likely explanation is that it came off a web forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.